Chapter 7

Surprisingly the dream was more frightening than you had thought. If you hadn't have sat up maybe you'd be less disgusted. Your body was drenched in sweat. It was weird to think that such a simple dream could have such a big effect on you. Realizing that you were still siting in what seemed like an extra layer of skin, you got out of bed and went to go wash up.

After your shower you stripped the bed of its sheets and put them in the washer. When you looked at the time it read 4:21. Great the only time I wake up early is the one time I don't have to. The only reason the weekend was your favorite was because they were the days you didn't have to go to work for the devil. Despite what Namjoon had said you still thought that Janice was the worst.

You fix yourself a bowl of cereal because you knew that if you tried to actually cook something there wouldn't be a kitchen left. You sat down at the table and ate in silence. It was a beautiful day and you had nothing to do. The weather was in perfect condition to go for a walk. You couldn't remember the last time you had actually gone hiking, so you decided that today was the day. After cleaning up you laced your shoes and grabbed a jacket then set out on your walk.

The birds were chirping and the sun was slowly starting to rise higher. You inhaled and let the fresh breath of air enter your lungs. It was nice to get out of the house for once. Being cooped up in a mail room was the worst. You continued down the path that lead from your neighborhood into the woods. At least what seemed to be the woods. You were unsure because you hadn't been on this path before. You could only hope that it was a loop that would somehow lead you back home.

The path still continued on straight and your mind was drifting back to your dream. What did it mean? Why was there a man? Why a white dress? Thinking back on your dream you realized something. The man that was standing in front of you looked familiar. It was a face you had forgotten but knew very well. How the hell is that possible? The answer was right in front of you, but you couldn't grasp it. Giving up on trying to remember you turned onto a path that led up a steep hill.

The hike was turning more into a climb. The path slowly became slimmer the higher you went. Finally, you reached the top. There was a small bench and you took the liberty to set down. It was a nice little view. The wind was blowing a delicate thin breeze. Once again, the dream floated back into your mind. I'm probably just overthinking it. I'm crazy.

"Yes, you are actually."

The sudden voice caused you to jump. You stand up and look around but no one was there. Then suddenly a shadowy figure appeared beside you. You ran near the edge of the hill and stayed a safe distance away.

"Who are you?" you asked while slowly backing up even more. The figure took a seat on the bench and crossed his legs.

"Who do you think I am?" He leaned back looking very calm.

"I don't know, some random guy who appeared like a ghost."

"Yes, I do suppose you could say that. Except I am not a ghost nor am I random." He said while picking at his fingernails. You stood there and watched him for a bit. He got up from the bench and started walking towards you. Again, you tried to back up but you were now dangerously close to edge. The figure was now only three feet away from you. "You see I'm like a conscience but I am not."

"That makes no sense at all."

"Because I wasn't done." He glared before continuing. "To put it simply I am the person inside your head."

You were confused but understood. In some weird complicated way. "Wait, so you're like an imaginary friend but I can see you?"

He scoffed then looked into your eyes. "Yes, but I'm not imaginary or your friend. Your friends wouldn't do the things I do."

"What do you do?"

He smiled Slyly then came rushing towards you. You tried to run but it felt like your feet were glued to the ground. He shoved you off the hill and you went rolling down. It was Impossible to stop. Trees, bushes and branches were hitting you. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, a rock hit your head. Everything went black.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I imagine the figures voice to sound like Kyoya Ootori.

Anyways, I finally updated! Yay! I hope you liked it

Unedited.