Chapter 28

"So... Why do I have to wear a poncho and why are we outside?"

"You don't want paint on your clothes, do you?"

You shook your head.

"And we also don't want paint on my office walls, do we?"

"I mean for me it doesn't- "

"The answer is no. We don't want paint on my walls." He said while rolling his eyes. "Amateur."

"Ok, one more question. Why is there a giant canvas with balloons out here?"

He only shook his head in disappointment.

"Is it someone's birthday?" You asked.

"No, no it's not."

He set up a table he had brought with him and placed it between you and him. After that he placed a box in the center and motioned for you to open it up. You pulled on the flaps and revealed a bunch of darts.

"You are going to help me make the best piece of art ever made! This is probably my favorite thing about being a painter." He said with excitement.

"So, we're just playing darts then... I don't see how this is art."

"You have got to be the most stupid person on earth. Throw a dart. You'll be surprised."

You picked one up and aimed it at the canvas. With a swift flick of your wrist, you sent the dart flying through the air popping the balloon. To your surprise, yellow paint exploded from the it and spread on the canvas.

"Woah! Do all of them have paint in them?"

"Yep and you and me get the pleasure to pop them." He said handing you another dart.

You snatched it out of his hand and threw it towards the canvas, watching how paint exploded everywhere. Namjoon took three in his hand and threw them all at once, causing the pain to mix into new colors.

"This is so cool!" You said while throwing more darts.

"I know, right? I get to do this for a living!"

There was this one balloon that stood out to you. It was the biggest one and you wondered why you hadn't popped it first. You took a dart and aim it so that it would hit the balloon directly in the middle. As soon as the dart and balloon made contact, paint flew everywhere. It was so strong that some even hit Namjoon and you.

"I think that one was the best one." You said while examining your paint covered poncho.

You looked up only to see Namjoon wiping paint off his safety googles. At first you suppressed your laughter but it couldn't be helped. You laughed at him while he was attempting to clean himself off.

"So, you think this is funny, huh?" He asked seriously.

Not being able to say anything because of your laughter, you shook you head.

"Well let's see how you like it."

That being said, he scooped up some paint in his hand and flung it at you. Your laughing came to a halt and you stood there shocked that he threw paint at you. Namjoon, on the other hand, was now laughing hysterically.

"Now that's funny!"

"You little brat."

While he was unaware you pulled out a bottle of paint from his other box, unscrewed the lid and shot half the bottle at him.

"Y-YA! Stop, that's not fair!" He cried.

"Everything's fair in love and war!"

He fought against the paint and grabbed a paint bottle, then ran to hide behind the canvas. You followed him but ended up getting squirted.