Chapter 38

"Does he really like you?"

"Yes, he said so." You whispered.

"But do you believe him?"

"I-..."

"He's lying, darling."

"Go away, Jeivel."

"I'm just telling you the truth. I only want to protect you." He said softly.

"Leave me alone."

"As you wish."

The room became pitch black and no light could be seen. You sighed and rolled on to your back. Your mind wandered back to the day Namjoon asked if he could kiss you.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Can I kiss you?"

A light dust of pink covered your face as you looked him in the eyes. You must have nodded because Namjoon was slowly coming closer to you.

He was mere inches away from your lips but he stopped. You had no idea what had came over you because it was you who decided to close the distance.

Namjoon was a bit taken aback at first, but he didn't pull back. His lips moved slowly against your as he brought a hand up to your face. The kiss was slow but passionate.

Something felt off though. Maybe it was just you...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Something about that kiss felt weird. Maybe it was because it was the first time you had ever kissed Namjoon. It could have been the way you felt unsure about it. It was like he was trying to prove something... But to who? Himself? You?

You weren't sure. One thing you were sure of though was how much you had liked it. As weird as it felt, it felt right. Did you regret kissing Namjoon? No.

But should I?

No. You shouldn't.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Namjoon's P.O.V
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On the other hand, Namjoon was bouncing off the walls. He was overwhelmed with joy. His heart swelled as he remembered how you had closed the distance. It gave him hope.

Me: OMG HOSEOK GUESS WHAT!?!?!!

J-Dope: lol wut?

Me: I KISSED Y/N AND SHE LET ME SHDKDJSJFKWOFHEJDKD I

J-Dope: OMG SKDJEJSJDOSJDJSKSKEN

Me: IKR SHSKWKEJDJDJ

J-Dope: wait but how?

Me: idk... It kind of just happened

J-Dope: you asked didn't you...

Me: yeah... I did

J-Dope: good for you

I sighed and flopped onto my bed. The imaged playing again and again in my head. She wanted it as much as I did.

I smiled and curled up in my bed. I closed my eyes and snuggled into my blanket. As I fell asleep, dreams of making Y/N mine filled my head.

🕘The next morning🕓

"Guess who's here!"

I mentally groaned and wanted nothing more than to throw myself out the window. Hmm, I might pull another Jungkook...

"Babe, I brought you some food!"

Yuna set a package of various dishes on my desk and motioned for me to sit. I reluctantly got off my stool and sat down. She handed me chopsticks and waited for me to eat.