Chapter 37

Short chapter... A/N at the end...

•••••••••••••••••••
Y/N's P.O.V.

Nothing seemed to be going right lately. Once again you found yourself sitting in Hoseok's office working late. The person who messed up the schedule was going to wish they were never alive.

You sighed and ran over the number for the thousandth time. You sat down in the chair and rubbed your face. Man, to be a kid again...

You decided that you would come back to work later. Taking a small break would help for later. You layed your head on the table and sighed.

"Ugh, why does being old have to be hard?" You whined.

You set your forehead on the desk and let your thoughts wander. Of course, you very soon regretting doing that.

Your thoughts were flooded with Namjoon's promise and the stuff he said that past night.

Yes, I do love him but not as a man. I haven't thought about it till now. Come to think of it, I've never really saw us being together. Well, not until recently. But that was just momentarily. Even if I tried, I don't think it would work.

"Again, why does it have to be so hard?"

"Because nothing in life is easy."

"Nothing? That doesn't really help." You sighed. "Great, now I'm talking to myself."

"Um... No, you aren't."

You looked up and saw Namjoon standing in the doorway. His hands were in his pockets and it looked like he had been there for a while.

"When did you get here?" He asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" You smiled.

You got up from your chair and leaned against the desk.

"So, did you need something?" You asked.

"Mhh, not really." He hummed. "Just wanted to see who was still awake at 1:00 in the morning."

"Oh, well... Hi? It's me." You said awkwardly.

He smirked and walked inside the room. You watched him examine your work.

"What's all this?" He asked.

"Just some leftover work I need to finish. Someone messed up our dates so now we have one week for a big presentation."

He nodded his head and continued exploring. He suddenly went up to you and placed both arms on each side of you. He pushed his face close to yours, which made you back up.

"Uh... N-namjoon?"

He was silent but was intently staring into your eyes. You were blushing and you could feel your hands begin to sweat.

"Can I kiss you?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because that's gross."

Mrs. Sung rolled her eyes.

"I'm not even asking that much from you. I just want you to take Mr. Kim's mind off of that other girl."

"How so?"

"Ask her out or something." She suggested.

"I'm sure she has other things to do. Besides, I'm not the jerk who steals other peoples girlfriends."

"Do you want your money?"

"I hate you."

She placed an envelope on the desk and slid it to me. I grabbed it and counted it.

"I'll be on my way then."

"Why don't you stay here for the night? No one has been inside your room since you left."

"I'd rather die than stay here for the night." I scoffed.

I walked out of the awful house and drove home. When I got home, I threw the envelope on the kitchen counter and stared at it. Usually I would be happy that I had gotten more money but that wasn't the case now.

"It's ok though. This money is important. I'm doing the right thing..." I said while a sigh.

I grabbed the money and went to see if my roommate was home.

"Jay... Are you in there?"

Some shuffling from behind the door answered my question. The door swung open and he came out.

"Did you need something?" He asked, looking super tired.

"He's the money. I hope it can help..." I said quietly.

"You don't need to do this, Taehyung. I can get the money on my own." He looked away.

"Let me help you, Jay. Your mother is dying and you don't have strength for a job."

He rubbed his eyes and took the money.

"This is the last time I'm taking money from you."

"Fine but I won't hesitate to step in when you absolutely need me."

He nodded and closed his door. I went to my room and sat on my bed. When Jay reached out to me, he looked terrible. As an old college roommate and friend, I felt like I needed to help him. If I didn't do anything... Then no one would. He had opened up about trying to get help, but everyone said no.

He was regretting everything he had done before. No one trusted him just because he made some bad choices in college. To be honest, he was a jerk and I never was ok with what he did.

Who am I to judge thought? Ruining someone's life was pretty bad. I didn't even know Namjoon. But I'm doing this for a good reason. So it's ok. Yeah, it's ok.

This seems bad in some ways but it's good in some ways.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ok so school is over so.... BACK TO UPDATES!!! YAY! lol I know it's not Monday or Sunday or Wednesday.

I was informed that my book is acceptable for the Wattys and I was thinking about entering it but I'm not sure...

I have yet another Namjoon x Reader fanfic... Why do I do this to myself... I don't know check it out if you want. I'm not forcing you. If you like it then I'll continue on with it. Yeah....

I LOVE YOU ALL!