Chapter 18

"You think I should wake her up?" Asked a female voice.

"Nah, let her sleep. It's been a long day." Replied a deeper voice.

You slowly peeled your eyes open and saw Namjoon and Annie standing at the foot of your bed.

"How long have I been sleeping?" You asked them. Annie looked at Namjoon and he shrugged his shoulders in response.

"We got here like two hours ago... And when we came back, you were sleeping on the couch so I asked Namjoon to carry you up here..." She answered while smirking, "So whatever time you feel asleep plus two hours."

"I've been sleeping for three hours..." You trailed off. You sat up and looked around the room. Wait if Joon carried me up here then I wonder if he saw the cuts... You looked down at your arm and realized that you were wearing a red sweater.

"Are you Ok? You looked like you forgot your bags at the checkout counter." Namjoon said softly.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. I just remembered something I forgot to tell Jimin." You breathed out.

Namjoon nodded and left the room. Annie watched him leave before speaking again.

"I know this isn't the right time but you looked so cute when Namjoon was carrying you upstairs!" She squealed. You rolled your eyes at her comment. "By the way, I made dinner for you so you didn't have to cook." She said while leaving the room.

As soon as she left you got out of bed and ran to the bathroom. You closed the door and locked it. I don't want anyone to know what happened to me. Inhaling deeply, you lifted up the sleeve to look at the knife markings. You froze as you saw what had happened to your arm. Written on your arm were the words Jeivel. Is that his name? Why did he write his name on me? A loud bang on the door frightened you. You pulled down your sleeve and cracked it open.

"What?" You asked Annie who was currently standing on the other side.

"Are you going to come downstairs or not?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a moment." You opened the door all the way and walked out of the room. Downstairs everyone was munching bibimbap and side dishes. Annie took a seat at the table and patted an empty chair beside her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After dinner was done, everyone gathered in the living room to watch a movie.

"Can we watch a scary movie?" Asked Annie.

"No, I wanted to watch a comedy." Whined Hoseok.

Yoongi got up and grabbed a random movie off the shelf and stuck it in. Hoseok and Annie complained about not being able to pick on out.

"I hope it's a comedy..." Hoseok murmured.

Sadly, Hoseok's wish was destroyed as the movie was clearly a scary one. Out of happiness Annie tried to give Yoongi a high-five but only got an annoyed side glance. Throughout the movie, Hoseok was constantly hiding behind Yoongi, while Annie was clutching a pillow. You, on the other hand, weren't paying the moving any attention that was almost over. The only thing you could focus on was the name that the voice/figure had left on your arm. You were jolted out of thoughts by Namjoon who had poked you. He moved in closer to you to get in speaking distance.

"Are you sure you're ok? You seem pretty distant." He whispered.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just tired." You yawned. The movie had now ended and Annie got up from her seat.

"I'm tired too. I'll see you guys tomorrow." She dragged herself to the stairs and began her climb up.

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired too," Hoseok said while stretching.

Everyone was now leaving the living room and retiring to their rooms. When you got to your room you climbed in bed and tried to fall asleep. You managed to get comfortable but sleep wouldn't come. There was no use in trying so you watched the clock. Time was passing very quickly and it was soon 2:00 in the morning. I wish I could fall asleep. I know I'm going to feel like crap tomorrow. You decided that you weren't going to lie in bed and try to fall asleep. You got up and went into the hallway. I'm pretty sure that there is a balcony at the other end of this hallway. You tiptoed past the doors and quietly opened the door. Thank god this door isn't squeaky. A small but wonderful breeze flowed through your hair.

"Ahh, fresh air." You sighed.

"Wonderful isn't it?"

You looked to the side and saw Namjoon looking up at the sky. A soft smile was placed on his lips as he looked at you. You walked over and stood beside him. He looked back up at the stars and sighed deeply.

"What are you doing out here?" You asked," Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"I could say the same about you... But I couldn't sleep. You?"

"Same as you."

You looked up at the stars and marveled at how bright they were tonight. You glanced at Namjoon from the side. I wish I didn't have to depend on him so much. He looks tired. I wonder how his painting job is going...

"Namjoon..." Your voice broke the comfortable silence that was being shared. He looked at you and gave you his full attention.

"I'm sorry." You said quietly while looking down in shame.

"For what?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I've been doing nothing but worrying you and creating problems." You sighed

"What? No, you haven't."

"Yes, I have... I didn't have to move in with you guys and I feel bad for bothering you."

He grabbed your shoulders and made you face him. You looked away avoiding eye contact. A slight blush was rising on your face.

"Look at me." He demanded. His voice was quiet but still loud enough for you to hear him. You slowly raised your head and looked into his eyes.

"You didn't do anything to be sorry for. It's me who should be saying sorry... I haven't been helping you find a job like I was going to. You are the most wonderful person, letting you stay here is an honor for me."

"Namjoon, I don't expect anything from you. You've already helped me so much."

"I can also help you so much more." He whispered.

"Namjoon, I- " You started to protest but he pulled you closer to him and wrapped his arms around you. He lowered his head so that it was tucked into your neck. Oh god... My heart is racing. His is too... I can feel it. He's so close!

"Trust me." He whispered before unwrapping you from his hug. He gave you a peck on the forehead before going back inside. Is my heart supposed to beating this fast? Friends kiss each other... Right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was so excited to post this chapter! Finally, I have shared it with the world!