Chapter 24

Namjoon's P.O.V

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Excuse me?"

"I want you to date, my daughter. You are a good man, Mr. Kim and I want only the best for my little girl. Of course, you would have to quit your painting business but I would give you a place in my company. You would still be able to paint in your free time. So, what you say?" He asked.

There was no way in hell that I was going to say yes. I cannot stand that girl and I am most definitely not going to date her. Im pretty sure that this is illegal but hey, you can do anything when you got lots of money. He was waiting so I made up an excuse.

"I already have a girlfriend," I answered.

"Really? That's a shame. Well then, I wouldn't want to intrude with your relationships but just in case here's my card if you ever break up. He said while handing me his card. It was nothing fancy, just his contact information for his company. Speaking of your girlfriend, you wouldn't mind bringing her tonight, would you? It would be nice to meet her."

Oh shit.

"Yeah, I'll totally bring her. She's not doing anything so she'll be here." I say while putting my hand behind my head.

"Excellent! Ill have the maids set out another place setting. I don't want to keep you here all day, so you can leave." He replied.

Good job idiot. Now I have to find someone to be my girlfriend.

"Thank you, Sir."

I made my way to the door and was about to leave when a hand pulled me back. It was Miss Sung.

"Mr. Kim, I was wondering if you wanted to be my partner for the ball tonight? I wouldn't want you to be lonely." She said with a giggle.

"I'm sorry Miss Sung but I already have a partner for tonight," I answered.

"Oh Who?"

"My girlfriend."

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend. What is she like?" She inquired.

"Just wait for tonight and I'll introduce you to her," I replied.

I was done talking to her so I walked out the door. I know it seemed rude that I didn't say goodbye but I wanted to leave. I jogged down to the van and got inside where everyone was waiting for me. As soon as I sat down, I slammed my head on the dashboard. Everyone was confused and stared at me with wide eyes.

"Did he not like the painting?" Asked Hyun in a panicked voice.

"No, he liked it," I answered.

"Then what's wrong?" Asked someone in the back.

"I lied about having a girlfriend and now Mr. Sung wants to meet her. How am I going to pull this off?" I explained with worry.

"I told you that this would be a bad idea but does anyone ever listen to me? No, they don't. Sorry, Joon but you're on your own for this one." Hyun said with a sigh.

He drove us back to the office where I shut myself in my office to think about this. I had no idea how I was supposed to introduce Mr. Sung about someone who wasn't real. Time had passed really quickly and it was now time to go home to get ready for the party. I seemed like the drive back home was shorter than before. I was in a hurry to get changed so I could think about a plan.

I was now sitting in the living room thinking when Jin came in.

"Have you thought of anything yet?" He asked.