Chapter 27

Y/N P.O.V.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was almost 2:00 AM. You couldn't fall asleep again. I wonder if Namjoon is outside. You get up from the bed and slowly make your way to the door. You traveled down the long hallway to the balcony door. You put your hand on the doorknob hesitating a little. What if Joon isn't here? Wait... It doesn't matter if he's here or not. I just came out for fresh air, not company. You opened the door as quiet as you could, so you didn't wake anyone up. A fresh breeze blew past you, making you shiver for a moment. It's getting close to winter...

"If you don't wear a coat, you'll get cold."

You turned around and saw Namjoon relaxing on a chair behind you. It looked as if was reading a book, that is before you came out. A small part of you was happy that he was here. It would be lonely if he wasn't here.

"Couldn't sleep again?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess I have a lot going through my brain right now." You say while sitting in the chair beside him.

"Do mind if I ask what?" He said, closing his book.

"I'm not sure. I guess I'm anxious about the job and other stuff."

"Don't be. I'm sure they'll pick you for the position."

You smiled and looked up at the sky. It was a little cloudy so you couldn't see as many stars. The silence was comfortable.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" Namjoon asked with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"No, why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to help me with something. It will be fun."

"What do you need help with?" You asked.

"I have a dead body in my closet and I need you to help me get rid of it." He said casually.

"That took a dark turn..."

"Nah, I'm just kidding. I wanted you to come to work so you can help me with my paintings. It's ok to say no, I can just ask Jungkook."

"No. I'll go." You replied with a smile.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow." He said while standing up.

He asked if you were coming in but you said that you'd stay out a little longer.

"Don't get too cold." He said softly.

"I won't."

He closed the door and left you alone. You got up from the chair and leaned against the railing. Namjoon is nice. I'm glad we're friends. You smiled while flashbacks of his cuteness intruded your thoughts. You remembered back when you were in college, how he would always worry about you. The time when you were still dating Jay.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FLASHBACK TIME! WOOSH! (A/N: Sorry 😅)

"Do you really have to go?" Namjoon whined.

"Yes, now let go of me or I'm going to be late." You laughed.

"But I don't want you to go."

"Too bad. You know how to do the rest, so let me go." You huffed in annoyance.

"But I don't want to finish this project on my own!"

"If you do this for me, I'll give you my snacks." You bargained.

"I don't want snacks I want you to stay here. Is your boyfriend more important than your group project?" He asked.

"Yes, I have my whole life to learn things. Let me live a little... Besides, I'll be back soon."