Part 9

THAT SAME DAY, BACK AT THE LOV HIDEOUT

SHIGARAKI POV

I flicked through the channels lazily, my pinkie finger hovering over the remote to avoid it's demolition.

The door clicked open, and then once again as it shut. Meaning our resident pet had arrived.

"How was school, little twerp?" I called over my shoulder in a mocking tone. I heard his soft footsteps, and in a moment he was next to my chair. His uniform was wet, and his hair was damp. He cradled a sopping pile of folders in his arms.

"It's raining," He said bleakly, at my questioning glance.

"I'll ask again, because I'm feeling generous. How was school, little twerp?"

"It was fine. Nothing's changed," he said in something of a monotone. "As for the, ah, daily news, the school is beginning to get antsy about Kacchan. There's talk about his parents filing a lawsuit against UA because of their lack of ability to keep their son safe."

"Antsy, huh? Which means they're in disarray..." I glanced down at the floor, thinking. "So this, right now, is theoretically the right time to strike. Don't you think, Izuku?"

His eyes widened. "You mean the plan?"

"What else would I mean, little twerp?" I looked back at the TV set. "Kurogiri and I will talk. It'll still be a few days, maybe even weeks before we're ready to execute the plan, but in the meantime, go to your room and stay out of my way."

He nodded, scurrying back to his quarters. I got back to flicking through channels.

I landed on a local news station, and something caught my eye.

"...being the second kidnapping we've seen in two weeks. Not only are we still searching for the young boy from UA academy, but now we have a second missing person. Yuzu Hitachin, a man in his forties, went missing from his home in Hosu city last night, and the police haven't..." I narrowed my eyes. Something's off. Another missing person...

We'll just have to see, I though bitterly, switching off the TV set. It's awfully coincidental... don't you think, little twerp?

DEKU POV

A chill went through me, and it was all I could do to keep from shuddering. The plan... they can't do that. I thought they would just forget about it.

Shigaraki hadn't figured me out yet, which was a plus. But now everyone at UA was sitting on a time bomb that would explode at the wave of Shigaraki's hand. I had to warn them, somehow...

Kacchan. I would tell Kacchan.

He could decide whether he wanted to tell the other teachers or whether he thought they could handle a full-scale attack from the League of Villains on their own, unwarned.

I was beyond glad Kacchan wasn't being, well, tortured anymore, but as I sat in my room alone, I realized the significance of him being here. His wounds gave me a purpose, not only something to do, but somewhere I was needed. Now, just sitting here alone in the dim light, I had nowhere to be, and no one to talk to.

Once again, I was a prisoner in my own home.

BAKUGOU POV

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. I couldn't stop thinking about the little idiot though.

He's risked everything to get me out of there. Stupid little Deku...

"Hey, Katsuki? You ok?"

I looked up. It was Todoroki and Ashido.