Part 33

IZUKU POV

I must've fallen asleep or something, because when I woke to a knock on the door, there was light filtering in through the windows. I sat up slowly; Kacchan's arms were still around me. He opened his eyes lazily.

"Little shits, I'm trying to sleep..." He leaned forward, kissing the bridge of my nose before lifting me gently onto the bed and standing up.

He went over toward the door, looking through the peephole hesitantly. He exhaled slowly, rocking back on his heels.

"Just Ejirou," he called over his shoulder, before opening the door. They talked for a minute, both of them occasionally glancing back at me, and then Kirishima left. Kacchan shut and locked the door, coming back over to the bed and sitting down next to me.

"The idiots made you breakfast," He said softly, brushing my hair away from my eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat, as a blush heated up my cheeks.

"I... I feel bad, they didn't have to..." I looked down, trying to force my blush back to normal. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Yeah, well, they're idiots, so."

I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder. "Guess so, huh?"

"Hey now, don't forget you're an idiot too," he said into my ear, draping his arms around my back and exhaling slowly. I could hear his steady heartbeat underneath the cotton of his shirt.

I stayed quiet for a minute, taking comfort in the safety of his touch.

"Hey Kacchan?" I said quietly, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?"

I turned slightly in his arms to look up at him. "Thank you."

"Yeah, whatever," He mumbled, ruffling my hair.

There was a sharp knock on the door. I shifted, looking wearily at the door. I didn't want to leave the warmth of his arms.

Another knock.

"Hey, Bakugou?" It was Ejirou. His voice sounded... really shaky. I sat up, making eye contact with Bakugou. He was frowning. He motioned for me to wait on the bed, and went over to the door.

He unlocked it and opened the door, revealing a panting Kirishima. He looked almost... afraid? Worried, for sure.

"Hey, man, the police..." He pointed frantically toward the door. "They're.... they're here. I don't know if somebody called them, or if they're here for an inspection, or what, but... We need to hide Izuku."

BAKUGOU POV

Not again.

Fuck this. I'm not losing Izuku again.

"Shit..." I ran a hand through my hair, thinking hard. "What the hell... the class is supposed to be on our side..."

"I already asked them, nobody will fess up to calling," He said, his face pale.

There was a knock at the main dorm door.

My heart dropped into my stomach.

"Distract them, I'll think of something," I said, whirling him around by his shoulder and pushing him toward the door. He looked back at me nervously.

Something in his gaze was off. 

"I... I'm sorry, man..."

I stopped.

"You didn't."

He didn't reply. There was another knock.

You didn't.