Part 36

We pulled up to the front entrance of a hotel without any interference from the cops. I'd dozed off, and when Kacchan shifted to open the door, I woke up, a little disoriented.

My mom herded us into the lobby, where she hurried to the registrar and booked us a room. We stood in the middle of the hotel's moderately fancy interior, looking like mottled rug rats, with scrapes and a few burn marks here and there.

"You guys okay?" My mom asked, coming back over to us with two keys in hand. She handed one to Kacchan, then looked over us worriedly. "We have a room booked under a false name, so I don't think the cops will find us that way."

"Okay," Ochaco said, smiling tiredly. "Nice going, Mrs. Midoriya. Should we head up, then?"

"Right," My mom replied, nodding. She led us over to the elevators. I was still a little groggy and squinty-eyed, so Kacchan was leading me by my arm.

We all piled into one elevator, along with an elderly woman and what looked to be her granddaughter. Lucky for us, about halfway up to the floor we were getting off on, the little girl started to cry. Her wails were loud, and in such a cramped space, I could feel my heart rate climbing steadily. I gritted my teeth, looking down and taking a deep breath.

"Hey," Kacchan said in a low voice, so only I could hear. "You good?"

I nodded, closing my eyes and taking another shuddering breath.

The elevator pinged, and came to a stop. We all filed out, save for the woman and her kid. My mom shot her one last sympathetic glance before the elevator doors shut.

Our footsteps were blissfully quiet on the carpet, a nice change from the shouting and chaos from earlier. We found our room in no time, and with a twist of the key in the lock, the smell of a freshly-cleaned hotel room hit us full-blast. It was a sight to behold; two clean, full beds, one moderately sized not blood-stained couch, and a TV on a little stand.

Sero laughed in relief, collapsing on one of the beds.

"You're a lifesaver, Mrs. Midoriya," He sighed happily. We all followed suit, resting our feet on one of the pieces of furniture. After a minute, Sero sat up. "Well anyways, when are we planning on contacting the rest of the class? I mean, assuming the cops didn't get them..."

"Probably the sooner the better, so we can keep everyone in the loop," Kacchan replied, resting his chin inbetween his thumb and forefinger. "However, we'd need to contact someone who's inconspicuous, who they wouldn't suspect to be a big part of the plan."

"So that rules out Iida, Yaoyurozu and Todoroki," Ochaco said, frowning. "Okay, then... what about Ashido?"

Kacchan shook his head. "They'd suspect her too, since you two are friends." He frowned, thinking, then winced. "Oh."

"Hmm? You think of someone?" Sero asked.

Kacchan looked up, his expression pained. "Our resident pervert. Hate to admit it, but Mineta's probably the best spy we could ask for."

Sero chuckled. "Well, they wouldn't suspect him, that's for sure... he's usually really flustered when in trouble, so we wouldn't have to worry about his arrogance getting in the way."

"Right. I think I have his contact number in the class list..." Ochaco said, pulling out her phone and digging through her messages.

KACCHAN POV

In about an hour, we'd gotten the class informed about where we were, and what our makeshift plan was. They hadn't gotten caught by the police, so now we just had to find somewhere to meet up, and figure out our next course of action. Until then, they were staying under the radar, and splitting up as needed.