Part 49

Sorry for updating twice-- here's the actual chapter for this week UwU

I stood up, going over to the door. "Okay, I'm gonna head to my dorms, throw a bag of supplies together." Kacchan nodded.

"Good idea. I'll get this kid equipped too," He said, nodding toward Sora.

KACCHAN POV

Izuku left to his dorm room, and I turned to the redheaded wonder, twiddling his thumbs on my dorm room floor.

"Okay," I exhaled, gritting my teeth. "Let's get you suited up, huh?"

I scrounged around in my closet before pulling out a backpack. This'll do. I got to work stuffing supplies such as first aid, flashlights, food packets I'd stored from the kitchen, and clothes for Sora. Then I packed another bag, almost identical to the first, for myself. After a while, Izuku came back in. He was dressed for the day, and he had a backpack slung over his shoulder.

"All right, you guys get packed?" He asked, looking between me and Sora. I nodded, tossing Sora's backpack at his face. He caught it unflinchingly.

"Yeah. Let's get going."

IZUKU POV

I poked my head out of Kacchan's room, checking to make sure the coast was clear. There wasn't anybody in the living room; everybody had gone to school.

"Okay," I said in a low voice, turning back around. "We're good, I think."

Sora came out behind me, decked out in Kacchan's clothes and with Kacchan's spare backpack on his shoulders. Kacchan followed behind, locking the door behind him. I peeked around the corner to make sure nobody was there before going to unlock the front door.

"What are you doing?" I nearly jumped out of my skin at the even voice interrupting the silence.

"A-ah! Todoroki!" I turned to see him, holding a mug and wearing a blanket around his shoulders. His nose was a little pink, and he looked tired. "Did you, ah, stay home sick today?"

"Yeah," He said, frowning slightly. "Who're you?" He looked to Sora, confused.

"My, um, brother," Kacchan said quickly. "Anyways, we're off to see my grandma, so we better get going-"

"Hold on," Shoto said, stepping forward. "Sorry, it's just... I heard you guys talking. Your grandma's not really sick, I know that much."

Kacchan twitched. He was getting pissed.

"And you're an only child, Bakugou..." He pointed to Sora. "You're one of the escaped juvy kids, aren't you?"

I looked between the two of them in disbelief. "But... how did you..."

He shrugged. "Doesn't take a detective; you were in juvy for a while, then two kids escape and a stranger shows up at your dorm? It just fit together, I guess." He shook his head. "Look, I'm not gonna squeal on you, but..." He set down his mug and looked up at us, his eyes determined. "I'm coming with you. To the League, I mean."

My jaw nearly dropped. "T-Todoroki! What- why?"

He frowned. "My brother got mixed in with a bad lot when we were younger, and I think they might know something about him. Anyways, you guys could use some help; last time I checked, three kids couldn't take down the League alone."

"Yeah, well four kids isn't gonna help much more," Sora said skeptically. Shoto looked at him.

"Yeah, but I've got experience, and a strong quirk. Look," He sighed, shrugging off his blanket. "I won't get in your way. Just let me come with you, it'll be worth your while."

Kacchan eyed him warily. "Fine, Icy-hot. Be ready in the next ten minutes." He exhaled slowly, shaking his head. "Idiot," Kacchan mumbled under his breath, leading Sora back into his room. "We'll go when Todoroki's ready, then. Little spoiled brat," He muttered. "Always wants to get his way."

I wasn't sure whether it was the best idea to bring Shoto along, but I mean, he had a really strong quirk, and experience with fighting villains. He'd be a valuable asset to have, I suppose.

"So who is that kid anyways?" Sora asked, leaning against the wall and blowing a strand of hair away from his eyes.

"He's the son of the number one hero, Endeavor," I told him. "And he's got two quirks; fire and ice."

"So why's he so full of himself?" He scrunched up his nose, making a face. "I've got experience, and a strong quirk," he mimicked Todoroki in a high-pitched voice. "Jeez."

"Shut up, I'm tryna think," Kacchan snapped at Sora. Sora raised his eyebrows slightly, but did as he was told.

Kacchan was pacing back and forth, his chin held between his forefinger and thumb. After a long minute, he straightened up, looking to me, half exasperated.

"Well, I can't think of a real reason why we shouldn't take Todoroki. Other than the fact he bugs the shit out of me, I hate to say it, but... I trust the half n half bastard, or at least more than some of the other idiots. He might be helpful."

I nodded. "Yeah, I think so too."

There was a knock at Kacchan's door. I looked through the peephole; it was Todoroki. I swung open the door, greeting him. He had his own bag packed, and looked ready to go.

"Okay, let's get a move on," Kacchan said, pushing past Todoroki and going to the front door. We all followed his lead.

Getting out the front doors and into the parking lot wasn't too difficult; we just had to look out for security guards. I mean, technically we did have it cleared with the school for us to take leave, but apparently, the knowledge of Sora's escape from juvy was spreading; they must have put it on the news or something.

We all piled into Kacchan's car; I took shotgun, while Shoto and Sora sat in the back.

I had to tell Kacchan to slow down more than once, on our way to the city. From there, we would get on the highway to Osaka, which was a five or six hour drive.

"So, what's your guys' plan of attack?" Shoto asked after driving a while. "Are you planning on sneaking in, or storming the place?"

"Haven't decided," Kacchan said over his shoulder. "We could probably take the lot of the bastards by force... save the police the trouble... but then we'd risk getting dragged into a whole legal mess, so..." He shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road. "Long story short, we just don't know."

"I think we should sneak in," I spoke up, fidgeting a little. "I mean, if we can find the building they're keeping Yuuto in, we could come in a back entrance or something, and save him?"

"Yuuto? That's the other escapee, right?" Shoto looked between Sora and me. "So he's our target. What does he look like?"

"Blond, about yay-high, blue eyes, badass earrings," Sora went on, describing his partner. "And he's a smart son of a bitch. Hell, if they hadn't taken him by surprise, there's no way they coulda caught him."

"Huh." Shoto nodded slowly. "Right, okay, so we're sneaking in, then." He thought for a moment. "Then... I'll try to collect as much info as I can get, without interrogating one of the members."

"Not sure if that's gonna be effective, but worth a shot, I guess," Kacchan said over his shoulder. "Again, just don't get in the way."

Sorry this chapter is short! And also sorry for updating twice; I had written the oneshot and figured I'd publish it, and this chapter was already half-written, so I finished it and got it up ASAP. 

Ohh and @ that one person in the last part who asked for a birthday oneshot; I'm working on it now! It should be up by tomorrow. Happy birthday!

<3 Kendall