Part 18

We must've sat there for twenty minutes, just me and him. He slowly pulled himself up to a sitting position after a long while, and looked up at me, tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..."

"No." I ran a hand through his hair, tilting my head to one side and studying his face. "You have nothing to apologize for. Okay?"

Another tear snuck down from his eye, but he looked down and nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay." I hesitated, then shifted up onto my knees. "You feel like watching some movies?" I asked gently.

He wiped his eyes on his sleeve, and nodded slowly. "S-sure."

"Mkay." I stood up, taking his hands and bringing him with me. He swayed a little once he was on his feet, and he grabbed onto my arm to steady himself.

"You good?" I asked him softly. He nodded, taking in a deep, shaky breath.

"Yeah." I led him down the ladder. His fists were clenching my sleeve so hard his knuckles were turning white.

I guided him toward the couch, and he watched me tensely as I microwaved the popcorn. Once the microwave beeped, I combined both bags into one big silver bowl, and brought it over to the couch. I pulled up a blanket from the edge of the couch and being as gentle as I could, bundled Izuku in it and settled in next to him, the popcorn between us. He leaned on my chest, his eyes trained on the TV. I could tell for at least the first thirty minutes, his mind was elsewhere, probably still traumatized from his run-in with the League, but then he seemed to settle in; his shoulders relaxed and a small smile slipped over his face.

I sighed, resting my chin on the top of his head and closing my eyes.

IZUKU POV

I snuggled closer to him, the blanket he'd given me tucked around me so I felt somewhat like a burrito.

I watched his face as he slept. What did I do to deserve this, Kacchan? I'd betrayed my friends, and tried to kill half of them... And somehow he still wanted me around?

The last movie's credits started rolling. I blinked, slowly coming back to reality. They're already over...? I checked the clock on the wall. It was a little past three in the morning.

I turned back to Kacchan. Somehow... I felt safe in his arms. I don't know what came over me, but gaining a wave of courage, I slowly reached up and kissed the tip of his nose, a tiny smile coming over my face. As I pulled away, one of his eyes flicked open, looking at me almost smugly. I felt my face go bright red, but I slid back down to rest my head on his chest, sighing contently and closing my eyes, the incident from earlier finally cleared from my mind.

KACCHAN POV

He was pressed up against me, our heartbeats thudding against the other's. My arms were around him, and his were close to his chin, clutching the end of a blanket.

I smiled to myself. Stupid nerd... But I couldn't help the blush dusted across my cheeks from his tiny little kiss. It was fucking adorable, to say the least.

I let my cheek fall to rest atop his curly green hair, and I closed my eyes, exhaling.

SHIGARAKI POV

The door clicked open. I turned around, crossing my legs, drink in hand.

"So?"

"Yeah, it's like I said," He replied, coming up to sit at the bar. His dark scars were highlighted in an eerie way from the moonlight. "He was hiding out with the other brat."