Part 15

I padded across the kitchen floor, stretching my arms out over my head. Kacchan cleaned up the milk from last night...My cheeks heated up at the thought of my conditions last night. Dang. I was... Fucked up.

I pulled open the fridge. Again, true to his word, there was a plate of breakfast food in the kitchen. My mouth watered at the sight of it; eggs, bacon, and toast. It made prison food look and taste like dirt (though most of the time, prison food did look and taste like dirt.)

I sat down at the counter, after washing my plate and leaving it on the clean plate rack (where Kacchan's breakfast plate was, I was assuming) and traced my finger along the cracks in the granite. I watched the clock, too. It was 9:00 when I had emerged from the attic, and at 12:30, the key turned in the lock. Instinctively, I ducked my head to one side of the granite, concealing myself from the door. It opened, and closed again. There was a silence.

"Oy, nerd, you up?"

I poked my head over the granite at the sound of his voice, almost sheepishly.

He blinked, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"Oh. You sleep okay, idiot?"

I nodded, suppressing the sudden urge to yawn.

"Good. Guess you got my note, then?"

I nodded again.

"Right." He tossed his keys on the counter. "Let's see, then... There's not much to do here, but we can't risk you being seen in public, so we don't have a lot of choices..."

KACCHAN POV

I looked him over. He had a noticeable bedhead, but at least he looked well-rested. He looked a little pale, though.

I frowned. "You good?"

He opened his mouth to say something, but after a moment, he closed it and just nodded.

"Right. Uh, well, I could catch you up on school stuff, if you want..." I glanced at him. "Though, if you're not willing to give UA a second chance, there's no fucking point, is there?"

He gulped, dropping his gaze down to the counter.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidding, nerd. Damn, don't take everything to heart, or the world will tear you apart." But then again... it feels like the world already tore you apart. Or... I did.

He met my eyes, confusion written on his face.

"Okay," I said, leaning toward him on the counter. "I personally don't feel like being bored out of my fucking mind. So, what, you wanna play Wii or some shit?"

He blinked. "Oh. Okay. Sure."

I nodded, pushing myself off the counter and over to the TV.

"Haven't played this in years," I said casually over my shoulders, popping my knuckles and grinning, "But I'm gonna beat your ass in baseball."

I caught a small smile slip across his face, before he joined me. I passed him a remote.

IZUKU POV

We played with Wii sports for a while, then some violent game I hadn't played before, that I kept losing at because I didn't like killing the pixelated people in the game.

After a while, both of our characters died off, and Kacchan reluctantly turned off the TV. We sat there in silence for a while, until he spoke up.

"Hey, I got a question for you," He said, not looking at me. His eyes were trained on the ceiling.

"Okay," I said, my voice barely exceeding a whisper.