Part 54

My spellcheck broke because I had too many mispelled words (IE Japanese spelling of names, my computer is racist I guess) So enjoy this. I go back to school this monday and ima cry. 

There was a knock at the door. Yuuto's wary eyes flicked that way.

"Can they come in?" I asked him. He nodded slowly.

"Yeah?" I said a little louder, and the door opened a crack. It was Izuku.

"Hey, newbie," I said, looking back down at Yuuto. "This is Izuku Midoriya, he was in Juvy with us for a while. Helped me find you when you got taken away by the bad guys."

"Hey, Yuuto," Izuku said gently, smiling. He glanced at me. "He.. doesn't remember anything? That's what the doctor told me," He said in a low voice of disbelief.

"Yeah," I sighed, resting my chin on his forehead. "His head doesn't wanna cooperate."

"Sorry," Yuuto whispered. I raised my eyebrows slightly, looking down at him.

"Damn right. Don't be so foolish next time, geez."

He frowned but nodded.

"I'm kidding," I told him, ruffling his hair. "Don't be so serious, yikes."

Izuku looked between us, smiling slightly. "He's in good hands," He said to me. "Well, anyways, just wanted to check in. You both doing okay?"

"Yeah," I answered, speaking on my behalf and Yuuto's. "We'll be fine. How 'bout you? Todoroki told me you and Bakugou had some sort of... argument?"

"It's not that," He said quickly. His gaze dropped to the floor as he fidgeted with his fingers. "I just... something went down at the League's hideout I'd rather not talk about." He swallowed hard. "W-well, can I bring you guys anything?"

I looked down at Yuuto. "You want anything, bud?"

He shook his head slowly. "Thanks, though," He said, his voice so quiet it was almost inaudible. Izuku nodded, smiling again, before waving to us and returning to his own room, shutting the door behind him.

"He's a friend?" Yuuto asked, his frown still upon his face. I nodded.

"Yep, he's a good kid."

"His ear had a jewel," He noted, and redirected his attention to my ears. "You do... too."

"Mhmm," I said, waiting for him to make this discovery on his own. His hand slowly strayed to his own ears, and felt the earrings on them. His eyes widened slightly.

"When..." He looked back up at me, and my chest panged again. I mean, not like he'd remember that...

"Well, I... Kinda pierced them in juvy," I said slowly.

"Oh."

We sat in silence for a minute.

"Hey, look, these are broken," I laughed softly, reaching for his glasses and pulling them off his face. He blinked, squinting, as I studied the broken frame and cracked lense on one side. "Guess you won't need this side anyways," I said jokingly. He looked down, his shoulders slumping.

"I'm not gonna see out of that eye anymore, am I?" He asked, his voice quiet. I winced.

"Oh. Um... I don't think so," I said finally, deciding to feed him the least amount of bullshit possible.

"Huh." He sucked in a shaky breath. "It's a little... weird."

"A little?" I laughed again. "Yuuto, this whole thing is fucking insane. But hey, that's life, isn't it?"