Part 55

SHOTO POV

The main lobby door banged open, jerking me out of sleep. I sat up straight, blinking wearily, as Aizawa and All Might barged through the doors, stopping in front of me.

"Todoroki, you can't even begin to imagine how much this will tarnish your reputation. Running off in the middle of the school year like this, to what, fight villains all vigilante-like? This is entirely unacceptable. You willingly and knowingly assisted a runaway from the law and brought yourself and your immediate family and friends into grave danger. You can't even begin to imagine the seriosity of this situation." Aizawa was red in the face, and fuming. I think the main reason he was so pissed off was because us getting into more trouble, whether or not the outcome was good, puts him in the spotlight for the blame.

"Sorry," I mumbled, rubbing my temple, tired. "Just trying to help."

"A hell of a lot of good that did," He roared, his quirk activating involuntarily. "What's your father going to do, huh? He'll storm the goddamn sch-"

"Doesn't matter," I growled, suddenly awake. "I could care less about that... bitch."

"Young Todoroki, you do understand why we're upset about this?" All Might said tiredly.

"Yeah," I said, meeting his eyes. "I know. You gonna check on the others, or what?"

"...Yeah," Aizawa muttered, heading to the front desk. The receptionist gave him their room numbers and they were sent away.

After a moment, I followed their lead and went back to the injured's rooms.

SORA POV, TWO DAYS LATER

"Deep breaths," I said, my voice low but determined. Yuuto's body was tense, beads of sweat sliding down his face.

He had to re-learn how to walk. The doctors and nurses said it was a miracle that's all he had to work on. I mean, other than the fact he didn't really remember anything about his life. I guess you could look on the bright side of things... I mean, he didn't forget how to breath, or anything, so that was good.

"Can we... take a break?" He forced out between breaths as he leaned his elbows on the railing to keep him steady.

"Nuh-uh, not until you reach that end," I said firmly, pointing to the other side of the bars. Yuuto winced.

"Sorry, I just..." He shook the thought away, clenching his fists and starting forward again.

IZUKU POV

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

I flipped my book shut, sighing and leaning back against the bedframe. It was a Sunday evening. I'd finished my homework, and Kacchan still hadn't gotten home from work.

I wandered over to the desktop, my hands straying to my phone. I picked it up, and from purely muscle memory and instinct I dialed Kacchan's number.

It rang for a moment, before he picked up.

"Hey, babe, what's up? You okay?" His voice sounded a little scratchy on the other end. I didn't have good reception in my room.

I stayed quiet.

"Izuku?"

"I miss you," I complained quietly. I heard him sigh.

"Seriously, Izuku... I love you. You know that? But this is the third time you've called since I got here this morning."

"Sorry," I said, smiling softly in spite of myself. "Just wanna make sure you're safe."

"I know, and I love you for it. Okay? But I'm gonna get fired if I keep taking breaks, okay?"