Part 39

I woke up about eight hours later, to the smell of waffles, bacon and eggs. I blinked, my eyes coming to focus.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," Ochaco giggled, looking up at me. Everyone was already awake, and there were takeout bags stuffed in one corner of the room, while they'd made a picnic of the styrafoam take-home boxes, and the rather tempting breakfast foods inside them.

"Sorry I slept so late," I whispered sheepishly to Kacchan, sitting down next to him. I felt like that one annoying kid who slept in till noon at sleepovers.

He smirked, shoving my head playfully. "You needed it, idiot. Now dig in, your mom went a little nuts with the food."

I served myself some breakfast, and we ate, small talk drifting here and there. Once we were finished, Sero took out the trash.

"So," Kacchan said, when Sero returned. "Enoshima contacted me again. I wasn't expecting to hear from him so soon, but..." He pulled out his phone, holding it out for me to see. "He's set up a meeting with this quirk doctor. It's for tonight."

"Oh, Izuku," My mom spoke up worriedly. "I'm just not so sure about this... what if something were to go wrong? I can't lose you again... I know it's selfish, but..."

I smiled weakly at her. "It's just something I have to do, mom, it'll be okay. The doctor... he knows what he's doing." But even I sounded a little unsure.

"Anyways, tonight, huh?" Sero said, folding his hands behind his head. "That is soon. Is there a reason he's rushing?"

"Didn't say," Kacchan replied, glancing back down at the phone. "Guess he's just going with the sooner-the-better approach."

"I can get behind that," Ochaco said through a mouthful of waffle. "I mean, the sooner we get Izuku's name cleared, the sooner everything goes back to normal, right?"

"That's the hope," I said, looking to Kacchan nervously. "What area of town is the doctor in?"

He tapped on his phone a little, then winced. "Shit, he's more than two hours away from here..."

I bit my lip. "What time is it now?"

My mom checked her watch. "It's about ten thirty," She said.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "So, we have a little bit of time."

"Sucks we're stuck here though," Ochaco groaned, flopping back against her bed.

"Yeah," I said, leaning my head against Kacchan. "It definitely could be worse though, huh?"

"Could be," Sero mused. Then he grinned. "Like, like, we could be stuck in a town with an erupting volcano, and nowhere to flee to," He made a little explosion with his hands, mimicking little people screaming. I snickered.

"Or we could be struggling to survive in the zombie apocalypse," Ochaco said, bringing her hands up to her face. "Izukuuu, I think I got bit back there," She groaned, her head twitching to one side. "Aggghhhh..."

I laughed out loud, bringing my legs into a criss cross position.

"Wait, no, we're soldiers in the middle of the third world war." Sero puffed out his chest, pointing a finger gun at Ochaco. "Give me all your money, peasant!"

"All my money? You'll have to fight me for it! Oh, oh, plus, I want your land," Ochaco barked, raising her own finger guns.

Kacchan chuckled. "Idiots."

Ochaco crumpled up a napkin, and used her quirk to float it above her head. "I'm gonna drop my new bombs on your nation, enemy! Get ready; it's waffle-powered!" She released her quirk, dropping the napkin on Sero's head. He cried out dramatically, falling over backwards with a thunk.