Part 32

BAKUGOU POV

I glanced around at the idiots, almost warningly. Any of you act up, I'll put an end to you in a half a second.

I partially wanted to pull pink cheeks away from him, for fear she'd do something she'd regret, but I held myself back. She wasn't acting out of spite. She was on his side. I just had to remind myself, we had other allies other than myself and Kirishima.

"Yeah, we're here for you, man," Mineta said. I glanced up at him.

There was a silence. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Iida slowly got to his feet, his brow furrowed in thought.

"Look, Midoriya," He said, his tone contemplative. "I'm on your side, but... You did break many a school rule, let alone the fact you betrayed us, whether your mind was messed up of not. It's hard for me to overlook that," He took a deep breath, straightening his back. "But I suppose... everyone deserves a second chance, so... I'll do everything in my power to help you out, in whatever needs you see fit. I can volunteer my family's top-notch lawyers to assist you in your name-clearing process."

I shook my head, smiling disbelievingly. Izuku was looking over the class with a look of sad surprise.

"You guys... Iida..." Izuku sniffled, wiping a tear off his cheek with his sleeve. "I... I'm sorry..."

"Seriously, we forgive you," Ochaco laughed, shaking her head. "You can stop apologizing."

"R-right..." He still looked hesitant. His eyes caught mine, as he looked nervously over at me. I nodded at him. "I just... " Tears were flowing freely down his face, but they were no longer from grief.

He was going to make it out of this.

We were going to get his name cleared, once and for all.

IZUKU POV

They were trying to help... I couldn't stop the tears falling from my eyes. I didn't deserve this. I tried to hurt them. I could still kill them...

Yet here they all were. 

Even Iida, who was a stickler for rules and what was right or wrong, said he was on our side.

I didn't know what to say, or... even how to react. I knew this wasn't right. They shouldn't forgive me. They had no reason to.

It won't work... clearing my name won't work out, because...

I'm not innocent.

I've killed people. There's no way to get out of that fact, I mean... I just have to try and cope with the fact that I have blood on my hands that I can't exactly just wash out.

I shook my head slowly.

Think this through, Izuku...

If you refuse their help, there's no turning back...

No. I have to.

I can't hurt anyone else.

"I..." I drew in a long, shaky breath. This is the only way. They can't get caught in the middle of this. I know that now.  "I don't want to bring you guys down with me. I'm glad you all... want to help, but... I can't accept any of this."

I looked toward Kacchan nervously. He was staring at me, his eyes narrowed. Don't do this, Izuku, His expression said.

I'm sorry, Kacchan, I just... can't watch all of them get dragged into this. It's enough to ask of them for forgiveness. I can't ask for help, too.