Part 11

BAKUGOU POV

He can't be serious. What the hell, nerd?

"You go back there, they'll kill you," I said, tilting my chin down and looking at him through my bangs.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. He wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Maybe it's better that way," He said in a timid, broken voice. I stiffened, my eyes widening slightly.

Deku...

"Time's up, Bakugou Katsuki," I twitched at the mention of my name over the PA system. I clenched my fists, standing up.

"This isn't over. Don't give up on me yet, little shithead," I said to him, before turning on my heel and leaving him alone in the small, cold interrogation room.

I headed directly for the police chief, who was looking over files and discussing something with All Might.

"Hey, Tsucauchi," I said, leaning against the wall. He and All Might looked up at me. "How long are you planning on keeping him in there?"

The police chief straightened up. "Another few hours, tops. We have a few more pros and officers who want to talk to him, and then we'll retire him to his cell for the rest of the night."

I narrowed my eyes, looking between them. "Right. Look, I'm not gonna tell you how to do your job, but the League of Villains is still after him. You blink once, and he'll be gone. I don't care how you do it, whether you bring pros in to watch him or just beef up security. Just... don't allow the villains to get their hands on him again."

All Might looked over me, as if contemplating something. Then, in a flash, he'd buffed out to his hero form, a wide grin spread across his face.

"I've got it!" He exclaimed loudly. "You have a soft spot for young Midoriya! That's why you want to go the extra mile to make sure he's safe!"

I tensed. "What the hell are you talking about? I don't-"

Tsucauchi held up a hand, smiling reassuringly. "We'll keep him in our custody as long as we need to, and the League won't be able to lay a hand on him. Thanks for your concern, Bakugou."

I nodded at him, then turned around again.

"And All Might," I said over my shoulder, loud enough for him to hear. "I don't have a soft spot. Not for him, not for anyone. You got that?"

DEKU POV

The door opened again.

My homeroom teacher, Shouta Aizawa.

I didn't meet his eyes, and remained emotionless. They sure are relentless with their interrogation cycle.

"Midoriya. Can I sit?"

I nodded timidly, but kept my eyes trained on the table.

He seated himself, and once he got comfortable, there was a long, drawn out, silence before he spoke.

"You know, you're either an innocent kid in the wrong place at the wrong time," He said slowly, "Or the best actor I've seen in my days." He drew in a breath, his eyes scouring me for weaknesses. "Either way, you hurt my students. Denki Kaminari. Ejirou Kirishima. Kyoka Jiro. Ochaco Ururaka."

I tensed at the last name. Ururaka... I think she was the first one I attacked, when I was in that state... I don't remember much about that fight, other than the fact it was short-lived, and I won...

"Thankfully, they all survived. You understand that if you'd actually killed one of them, there'd be hell to pay," He said, his tone dangerously low. I didn't respond, but instead kept my gaze at the table.