Part 16

KACCHAN POV

I came back over to the couch, about ten minutes after I'd set him down. His eyes were closed, his lips parted, and his breathing was evened out.

Damn nerd... I watched his eyes dance beneath his eyelids. He looked peaceful, just lying there... as though he was able to, or at least trying to block out the madness of the world. It was almost... admirable.

I stood up after a minute, and went over to the closet. Gotta pick out something decent to wear tonight... I rustled through the hangers and pulled out something along the lines of a blazer. Too flashy... I tossed it onto my bed and kept looking.

I don't care what other people think of me, appearance wise. I stand by that old white girl saying, "I dress to impress- myself." But I was nervous enough already, hiding a prosecute of the country under my roof. I didn't need the added stress of people sending me weird looks because of what I was wearing.

I ended up going with loose, almost baggy jeans and a plaid shirt that's sleeves hung down to about my elbows.

I ran a hand through my hair, glancing in the mirror, then at the clock. Huh... I have to be there at nine... It's only six. I headed into the kitchen, my eyes briefly flicking to where Izuku lay, sound asleep still, on my couch.

IZUKU POV

I woke to a knocking sound. I lifted my head off the pillow groggily.

Shit.

I scrambled to my feet, my eyes shooting frantically up to the clock. It's two...Isn't Kacchan already back? Plus he has a key to the dorm...

I wrung my wrists nervously, pacing back and forth from the open entrance to the attic to the living room. Do I hide? Do I answer it? I can't call out to him...

"Izuku?"

I stiffened. His voice... my head wheeled around to face the door. Is it a trap?

"My key isn't- um- working," He said from behind the door.

It sounds like him... I took a tentative step toward the door. He did go to the club... could he have gotten into trouble on the way home? He sounds off...

I stood on the tips of my toes to see through the peephole. I breathed a sigh of relief. It was Kacchan, all right, his keys clenched in his hand and his cheeks rosier than normal. I nimbly undid the lock and opened the door.

Kacchan was staring down at the keys in his hand almost curiously, and didn't seem to notice that I'd opened the door.

"Kacchan?" I asked softly. His eyes widened and he blinked, looking down at me.

"Hey, idiot..." He grumbled, stumbling forward into me. I caught him by his shoulders, surprised.

"K-kacchan? Are you okay?"

His eyelids drooped, then shot back open. "You're an idiot, Deku," He grinned, his head tilting to one side.

Is he drunk? I frowned, helping him inside his dorm room and shutting the door behind him. After redoing the locks, I turned back around to him.

"Kacchan," I said slowly, angling my head to meet his eyes.

He waved me off, closing his eyes and shaking his head almost absentmindedly. "Nah, I'm good."

I blinked.

"Kacchan? Did you, like, have anything to drink?"

"I'll take a water," He said loudly. I clapped my hands over his mouth, glancing over my shoulder at the door nervously.