Part 41

~Lil baby timeskip~

I looked up at the looming grey building in front of me, my stomach doing somersaults.

"So this is kid prison," I said aloud. My escort chuckled.

"Yep. Some say juvy is scarier than actual prison. Not to sink your spirits or anything."

I shook my head, smiling in spite of my situation. "Yeah, I'm not surprised, honestly."

We went to the front door, where my escort scanned a key card and we were let in. The guy at the front looked up from behind a bullet-proof looking glass screen.

"Name?" he asked, reaching for a pen on his desk.

"Izuku Midoriya," My escort answered.

"Right, bring him in," The guy said after a moment, pressing a button. The door next to him opened, revealing a stern looking, probably ex-military guy. He glared down at me.

"So, you're the new kid?" He asked. His deep, kind of husky one matched his appearance to a tee. He glanced at my escort. "I can take him from here."

"Right. Hey listen, kid," My escort said. I looked up at him, butterflies forming in my stomach. I didn't want to spend two more months at this place alone... "You'll be fine. Just keep your head down."

I nodded at him. "Right, thanks." My voice came out weaker than I would have liked.

The military dude grabbed my shoulder. I flinched.

"Let's go," He said, leading me down the hallway. I stumbled forward, trying to keep up with his inhuman pace. "In here." He swiped a key card, and another door was opened. This looked like a washing room. He had me wait by the door while he scrounged around in a pile of cleanish looking clothes, before pulling out two grey shirts and pants. He came over to me, holding the shirt up to my chest as though to see if it would fit. "Yeah, that'll do."

Then we went into what seemed to be the main prison room. Kids were in joint cells, meaning unlike regular prison, there were three to a cell. However, there was more overall space, so it wasn't the worst downgrade.

He led me to the very end of the hallway, and paused in front of the door.

"Hey, idiots, listen up," He said, raising his voice. The two other kids in the cell looked up. One of them was blond, with shaggy hair and dark blue eyes. The other had orange hair, and his eyes were a piercing green. "This is your new cell mate. Treat him nicely." He unlocked the door, pushing me inside. He tossed the clothes in behind me, then locked the door and left.

The whole jail hall was quiet. All eyes were on me.

I guess they'd separated by gender; all the people in this hall were guys.

"You gonna change, or what?" The blond kid in my cell spoke up. I looked down at him. He hadn't bothered to glance up from the book he was reading.

"Oh, r-right," I said quietly, letting my eyes dart around the cell. There were quirk dampeners on the walls... that explained why they had let me take the cuffs off... the cells didn't have any form of separators, other than steel bars, so the whole row of cells were visible to me from where I was standing. And everyone was staring at me.

I reached down and picked up my new clothes, my hands trembling. I quickly slid off my shirt, pulling the other one over my head and yanking it down over my abs. The orange haired kid smirked at me.

"You're timid," He said cooly, tilting his head to one side. "Don't seem like the kind of person to end up here."

"S-sorry," I said, looking down. I wasn't exactly sure what I was apologizing for, but it seemed like the right thing to do.