Part 24

KACCHAN POV

We pulled up to the candy store in no time. I'd regained feeling, and could lift my head off my chest, finally.

"Hey, kid," The lady cop said, putting her car in park and leaning back in the seat. "Your call. You wanna do this on foot, or in the car?"

I thought about it for a minute. Sure, we'd have a quick getaway in a car, but... if we were on foot, we were more likely to stay under the league's radar, and be able to get in undetected, for the most part.

I pushed my back up off the seat, grunting from the insane amount of effort such a small task took.

"Let's walk," I said gruffly, fumbling with the door handle. She reached across me, pulling the door handle back. The door swung open. I didn't thank her (why should I? Little bitch), but instead stepped shakily out of the car.

"You good?" She asked, coming over to my side of the car and offering me her arm. I scowled at her, catching my breath, and pushing her arm away from me.

"Fine. Where's your other guy?"

She pointed behind her car, where the other police officer had parked, silent as a mouse, and was getting out to join us.

"Right," I said, starting forward. "If you guys massively screw this up, I swear to god, I'll blow up the whole fucking police station."

"You do that, you're spending time behind bars," She said jokingly, but her eyes said otherwise. She was nervous.

Damn right, idiot. You should be.

They followed behind me a little ways, so I could do this without being distracted.

Right... that street sign. I glanced around me. This is the right way.

I couldn't help but picture Izuku, shuffling down this street in front of me, his steps tentative. Nervous. No, scared. Terrified, really.

Just hang on, Izuku... I'll find you.

I have to.

KUROGIRI POV

I was unable to tear my eyes off the dust on the floor. Two clumps; one being the counter, and the other being Shigaraki.

He's dead.

It hadn't sunk in yet.

Did Midoriya have a quirk?

Impossible. His test results came back as negative.

How did he do this, then?

Don't be an idiot. You're imagining things. Maybe he had a quirk the whole time.

Really, Kurogiri? You're not this stupid. Get a hold of yourself.

I shook my head, coming back to reality.

"We should go," I said to Dabi, trying to keep my voice from shaking. I was never extremely fond of Shigaraki, but that didn't change the fact I'd known him since he was a young child. This was a blow for the whole League. They'd lost their leader.

"What about Toga and the rest of them?" He growled in response. I couldn't read his expression.

I sighed. "I'll bring them along. I know a place; a backup, if you will."

"Fine." He straightened up. "I need to grab some things. Did Shigaraki have another copy of that quirk serum?"

I thought for a moment. "No, I believe Midoriya used the last of it during Master's tests."