Part 12

DEKU POV

I stared at the closed door, at where he'd stood not a second ago. My cheeks were burning.

Slowly, my eyes trailed down to my hands. I could still feel his touch...

What the hell, Kacchan?

The door buzzed, and two officers walked in.

"You ready, kid?" One of them asked, while the other came around to my left side with a pair of keys in his hand, and began unlocking my handcuffs. I nodded, swallowing my confusion, and didn't object as I was led back toward my cell.

A day or two, and I'll get you out. His words echoed in my mind. What is that supposed to mean, Kacchan? I lightly ran my fingers over my scarred hands, thinking.

Where would we go, Kacchan? I can't just hide away from this...

KACCHAN POV, LATER THAT NIGHT

I tapped my pencil against the desk, thinking.

There's nothing along the lines of a safehouse for him to go to. Nothing, like, neutral. There's always my house, but it's in his old neighborhood, and I couldn't make my old man and the hag targets for the League of Villains, they've already got enough on their plate as is. Besides, his mom lives in the area, and that'd be a whole other mess if they found out they could use her as leverage against Deku or something.

Which leaves...

Here.

I scowled, leaning back into my desk char.

Fucking dumbass.

He can't come back to live at the dorms.

Well, not at the dorms...

He'd stay in my dorm room...

I sat up, some form of idea blossoming in my mind.

My room was one of the only ones with an entrance to the attic, so said Jirou, a while back. She'd seen with her quirk, but apparently it was only used for storage, and according to Aizawa, it hadn't been used in forever, and not many people knew it existed.

It could work for a hiding place...course, I'd have to find a way to access it, ,which could require Jirou again... I winced at the thought. During that fight with the League, just a few weeks ago at the school, she and her little boyfriend had taken Deku on, and lost. If it were me, I wouldn't necessarily be ready to help my would-be killer find shelter right after...

Kirishima might listen, I thought. He'd get it, I think... then again, he's all focused on being a hero, and it's not very heroic or anything...

Fuck. I leaned back into my chair, blowing a strand of hair out of my eyes. I'm all on my own, aren't I?

IZUKU POV

He didn't come in the next day. I sat on the edge of my cot, staring at the door intently, for six hours after the morning bell rang at eight. Six hours.

Finally, the door buzzed. I stood up right as the security officers opened my cell.

"You've got a visitor," one of them said, coming behind me and cuffing my wrists. I obliged, and proceeded to follow them out into the interrogation room.

Kacchan was seated across from my chair, and he looked up when we walked in.

"Hey," he said, and he nodded to the officers. I sat down, and the officers left, after letting Kacchan know how much time we had.