Part 38

KACCHAN POV, TWO DAYS LATER.

I folded the red fabric over itself and cinched the tie, right up close to his neck. He smiled nervously up at me as I reviewed my work.

"Okay," I exhaled, standing up and pulling him into a tight hug. His body was tense; he was nervous. I mean, I understood why; I would be too, if I was in his position. "You're gonna be great," I said into his hair. He leaned into me, closing his eyes and drawing in a shaky breath.

"I'll do my best," He said softly.

"Damn right you will," I replied with a chuckle. "And hey," I pulled away and held his shoulders an arm's length away from me, studying his face. "I'll be there to keep you in check, all right?"

He nodded. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead, making him smile again.

"Okay, we ready to go in?" Sero asked. He, Izuku and I had driven to the meetup place with the lawyer; his mom and Ururaka had stayed at the hotel.

"Yeah." Izuku straightened up, a determined look on his face.

I held the door for both of them to go inside. Once we were inside, a draft of cool air hit us full-blast. Izuku shivered.

"Turned on the AC, didn't they?" Izuku laughed nervously.

"Ah, good, you're here," Came a voice. We turned around to see a man, looked to be in his thirties, hurrying over toward us. He was in a suit, his hair was cleanly cut, and his teeth were bright white and straight. He looked friendly enough, which, I wasn't sure whether that was a good thing for a lawyer to be.

"Satoru Enoshima," He said, extending his hand toward me first. "Nice to meet you."

I shook his hand; Sero did too, and when he looked to Izuku, Izuku just kind of waved awkwardly.

The lawyer didn't seem too phased by that, and he smiled. "You must be Izuku Midoriya. Tenya's told me a lot about you. Shall we get started, then?"

Izuku nodded.

"And, for the sake of privacy, your friends should stay out here," Enoshima said, looking at me and Sero. Izuku looked back at me nervously, as though making sure that was okay. I nodded, locking eyes with the green haired boy.

"That's fine." You'll do great, Izuku. Just tell the truth, give him your side of the story.

"Right then, follow me," Enoshima led Izuku back to a meeting room, and shut the door behind him.

IZUKU POV

"S-so, Mr. Enoshima-"

"Satoru's fine. I want you to trust me, and first name basis makes sense on that note."

"Ah, okay."

"Anyways, let's get started." He gestured for me to sit down on one end of the table; he seated himself on the opposite end, so we were facing eachother. "So, you're trying to clear your name. First, I need to hear your side of the story; from when you first met the League Of Villains to when you escaped from the police and went into hiding."

So for the next thirty minutes, I basically recounted my life's story to him. Every so often he jotted notes down on his paper, and every so often he nodded in empathy.

When I finished, he sighed, leaning forward over his notes, his fingers laced.

"Okay, that'll do," He said to himself. "The case is easily dismissed with abuse, and since the League of Villains is well known for their violent acts, we'll be able to get your name cleared. I'd give it a week in court, tops. However," He said, looking up at me. "I'm gonna get personal with you here. This new... power you got from the leader's tests? It's gotta go. If something happens, whether the opposing lawyer finds out about the parameters of this power and uses it against you, or you accidentally do something you'll regret before the trial, it's bad news for your whole case. Does that sound negotiable?"