!Special Chapter! (Another oneshot)

This one's for @ImHungryBye 's birthday!

(It turned out more complicated than originally planned, but hey. Also sorry it took so long to get up!)

IZUKU POV

I finished lacing my boots and stood up, wobbling a little on the thin blades.

"Kacchan? You ready?"

He looked up at me, his cheeks a little red.

"I don't know how to lace these," He mumbled, looking down again. I laughed gently, kneeling to help him with his skates. Once they were tied, I stood up, bringing him with me. His knees shook a little. "This was a bad idea," He said nervously.

"Aw, come on," I kissed his cheek, nuzzling my nose against his a little. "It'll be fun, I promise."

"I'm holding you to that," He muttered, but followed me to the rink door.

I stepped out onto the ice first; it was more slippery than I'd first imagined. I stumbled a little, grabbing onto Kacchan's arm.

"Whoa, there," He chuckled, stepping onto the ice too. However, despite his sudden dose of cockiness, his feet started sliding rapidly and he grabbed onto the wall, his eyes wide. I laughed despite myself. "Shaddup, stupid nerd," He growled, his cheeks turning a shade of red. His expression quickly changed to worry and he looked down at me, his brow furrowed. "Sorry, I didn't mean it," He said quietly, embarrassed. I smiled.

"It's okay. All right," I sucked in a breath. "Time to figure this out." I put one foot in front of the other; wrong move. I nearly faceplanted on the ice, catching myself on the wall in the nick of time.

"Hey, Deku!" I turned to see Ururaka skating toward us, hand in hand with Tsuyu. "How's it going?"

"Oh, hey!" I waved to her sheepishly. "Ah, we're just trying not to wipe out! You guys are surprisingly good at this," I laughed nervously. Tsuyu skidded to a rather graceful stop, pulling Ochaco's arm to stop her, too. She slid forward a little before coming to a shaky stop.

"Y-yeah, we're trying not to fall too," She giggled, rubbing the back of her neck. "Anyways, have you seen Mr. Aizawa around?"

"I think he was in the café above the rink still," I said after a moment. "He didn't like the cold much."

"Wish I could say the same for Todoroki," Tsuyu ribbited, looking over to Shoto, who was spinning and jumping like freaking Yuuri Katsuki. I chuckled.

"Makes sense, with his daddy-issues," Kacchan said, his eyes finding Todoroki too. "I mean, he hates fire, right? Makes sense he'd bond with the ice right off the bat."

"Mhmm, I guess so," Tsuyu mused.

"Anyways, see you guys later!" Ochaco said, waving before skating off toward Jirou and Kaminari, who were in a similar situation as Kacchan and I.

"Okay," I said, taking in a breath. "You good?"

Kacchan nodded. I took his hand in mine, holding it tight. He looked up at me. I grinned. "Let's get skating, then!"

~ Timeskip ~

"Kacchan? You want honey in the tea?"

"Ah- it's fine without," He replied, his voice hoarse. I felt my heart sink a little. Poor guy. He'd gotten a cold from the rink, and although it's scientifically unlikely, he was blaming it on the temperature, not bacteria.

I brought his mug over to him, placing it in his hands. He looked up; there were bags under his eyes.

"Thanks," He said quietly, taking a sip of the hot liquid. I came over to sit by him on the couch. He was still shivering a little. I pressed the back of my hand to his forehead; he was running a temperature still.