Taken (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader) Soulmate AU

(Violence and torture mentioned! Angst with happy ending!)

Sandor felt bad for his soulmate. In a world where soulmates shared scars and pain, his soulmate got the worst of the worst. If not for the fact that he had scars from things he hadn't done, Sandor wouldn't have even known he had a soulmate. He felt for them because he knew they had to get the same looks of horror that he did whenever people saw his face. But it was nothing compared to how badly he felt when his soulmate was in trouble.

He felt the shooting pain out of nowhere. He was working on rebuilding Winterfell as usual when he first felt the pain. He shook it off at first, but it got progressively worse as the day went on. By the time Sandor was heading to the courtyard to train, the pain was getting to him. It nearly brought him to his knees. He swore to himself and headed back inside.

Sandor threw a few things into a pack then went to the stables to saddle Stranger. The pain he was feeling told him that his soulmate was in trouble. Big trouble. Someone had taken them from their home and was torturing them. The question was, how was he going to find this person? He had absolutely no clue where to begin looking, so he simply followed the intensity of the pain.

Your POV

Days. That's how long you'd been taken captive. That's how long you'd been being tortured. Hour after hour, day after day. By the end of the third day, you were begging for it to end. You wanted nothing more than to get away, but you didn't have the strength. Still, even with everything you were going through, you couldn't help but think about your soulmate.

You knew whoever it was had had a rough life. The scars on your face were proof of that. And the added scars and pain over the years told you that it didn't get any better as you both grew up. You hoped that your soulmate would be able to handle the pain you were going through. The pain that was bad enough to make you pass out.

Sandor's POV

Sandor was nearly weighed down by the pain, but he knew he was getting close. He stood outside an old keep that was falling to ruin. The pain was searing through him. Grabbing his sword, Sandor barged into the keep. At first, he didn't hear or see anything. Then, he heard a voice.

"Disgusting woman." The sound of someone being hit followed the disparaging comment. "Deformed creature." Another hit. Sandor winced at the feeling. He knew his soulmate was going through hell at that moment. Pushing through the pain, Sandor found the place he was looking for. He broke in the door and came face-to-face with your captor. In a quick second, he killed the man and let his eyes wander to you. You were unconscious on the cold stone floor.

Sandor scooped you up and carried you out of the room and outside. You whimpered in his arms. "It's alright. I've got ya," he whispered. Your eyes flickered open for a brief second and met his gaze. Sandor wanted to flinch away, but you smiled. "It's you," you said softly before losing consciousness again.

He took you to the nearest inn. Once you were safe in the bed, Sandor took the time to really study you and your features. Every single scar and old injury on his body was also present on yours. Sandor couldn't help the small twinge of guilt that settled in his stomach.

He really hadn't been taking very good care of himself. Getting into duels with anyone he felt wronged him. Killing for Joffrey. And the fight with Brienne of Tarth that nearly led to his death. Every single thing recorded on both your bodies. "Y-You're staring." The whispered voice snapped Sandor out of his guilt for a moment.

"I'm sorry you're hurting," you said. Sandor let out a dark chuckle. "I've had worse. Let's focus on getting ya healed." You nodded and winced. You were quiet for a few minutes. "What's your name?" you finally asked. Sandor arched a brow. "Ya don't know?" You shook your head. Sandor wasn't sure what to make of that. Everyone knew who the scarred man was. Then again, you'd lived with his scars too. But maybe people were kinder to you than they had been to him.

"Sandor. Clegane." It took a bit of effort, but you managed a smile. "Lady Y/N of House Y/L/N. It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Sandor. Though I am sorry it had to be under these circumstances." Sandor laughed again. "Considerin' I never expected to met ya at all, I'd say this is an improvement." It was your turn to chuckle, but movement hurt you.

"Stop that. 'M not good with stitches and ya might tear yours." Your eyes watered. It was as if you couldn't believe Sandor had managed to stitch you up without collapsing from the pain. "Thank you, Sandor." He shrugged and you smiled. You carefully reached over and took his hand in yours. "I believe the gods were good to me in giving me a soulmate like you."

Sandor stared at you in disbelief. You now knew who he was and you were still happy to have him as a soulmate? Surely you'd heard the stories about him. Surely you had to be frightened of him...at least a little. So why did it seem like you weren't? As if reading his mind, you spoke again.

"I know you must have had a terrible childhood to feel such pain so young. I remember the day these scars appeared on my face. The pain I felt in that moment is something I can never forget as long as I live. Whatever you have done as a result of that was simply your way of staying strong in a world that clearly has no love for you. But I believe that you are a great man, Sandor Clegane."

"Ya don't know me. I'm a killer. Always have been, always will be." You scoffed. "I'm sure you had your reasons, Sandor. But I don't want to think about that now. We have plenty of time to get to know one another. For now, I just want to enjoy your company while we decide what to do from here. Can we do that?" After a few moments of simply staring at you, Sandor finally nodded. This was turning out to be a very interesting turn of events and one Sandor would never take for granted.