Chapter 23: The Evil Couple's Reign

Mario, Meggy, and Infinite were killing the enemies in their sight, as SMG4 and Tari were joining up with them.

Mario: Glad you two decided to join us.

SMG4: I think that bad version of me is around here somewhere.

???: Lucky guess, SMG4.

Everyone turned over to see SMG3 and Desti.

Desti: Everyone drop your weapons. We'll take care of these "heroes".

Meggy: Desti.

SMG4: SMG3.

They saw SMG3 and Desti holding hands.

Tari: I see you two are... in love.

SMG3: Yes we are, and once we saw Dark Squid was hiring villains, we were immediately on board.

Desti: We knew that because of Dark Squid's schemes, we were gonna take over Inkopolis together.

SMG3 started to blush.

SMG3: Together. Oh, you're so sweet.

Desti: I love having you by my side.

SMG3: I love you too.

Desti: Uh... I know this isn't the right time to do this, but...

Desti took SMG3's hat and put it on.

SMG3: You're very cute with my hat.

Desti: Thanks.

Dark Squid was watching the evil couple loving each other instead of fighting

Dark Squid: What are you two doing? Stop goofing off and start fighting them now!

SMG3: Oh right. Now because of you goodies in the war zone, our troops have shrunken by the minute, and now you all shall die.

Desti: We have been more powerful ever since the last time you fought us, so be careful. You might get killed by us.

Mario: It's a-time for you to die!

The fight started with SMG4 running at SMG3, but as he was about to punch him, SMG3 jumped over SMG4.

SMG4: Damn it!

SMG3 landed on Mario and kicked him over to SMG4, hitting him as well.

Meggy: Mario!

Tari: SMG4!

Mario: You son of a bitch!

Mario and SMG4 went back in battle, as Meggy and Tari were starting to attack. They used their weapons wisely and swiftly, but SMG3 and Desti were just too fast.

SMG3: I guess our training of dodging everything has really paid off.

Infinite flew over to them very fast, as SMG3 and Desti jumped over him.

Infinite: They're too fast!

Saiko saw that they're in trouble, as she rushed in with her Golden Thunderstrike Hammer. She was about to hit Desti with the hammer, but Desti grabbed it.

Saiko: What?!

Desti took the hammer off of Saiko's hands and hit her with it.

Meggy: How are they not getting hit?

SMG4: I have a plan. It might not work, but there's a chance it will work. You girls have your DariusBurst boss pets, correct?

Meggy: Yes.

Tari: Yeah.

Saiko: What are you getting at?

It took a few minutes to negotiate and set up, and the plan was about to get started.

Meggy, Tari, and Saiko started to run at SMG3 and Desti, and before they were going to turn around and leave, SMG4, Mario, Infinite, and their pets Violent Ruler, Phantom Castle, and Iron Fossil stopped them.

SMG3 and Desti were surrounded by a circle of good guys.

SMG4: And... shoot!

They all started firing their weapons at the same time at SMG3 and Desti.
Meggy used her Splattershot of Obliteration,
Mario used his Double Barrel Splattershot of Impending Doom,
SMG4 used his Meme Battle Cannon,
Tari used her Mega Buster,
Saiko used her mech, the Griffin,
Infinite used his Phantom Ruby Splattershot,
and the pets are using their lasers.

SMG3 and Desti aren't just getting hit. They're getting hit hard.

Mario: I'll deal the final blow.

Mario used his Golden Thunderstrike Gloves to punch SMG3 and Desti so hard, they got blasted off far away.

SMG3: We'll get you all back soon!

Mario: There. They're gone... but they aren't dead.

Meggy: Well, yeah. If we keep them alive, then we'll always have them suffer.

SMG4: Ooh, good idea.

Tari: They've quit the war because of our skills and plans, and that makes me happy. I didn't want them to hurt you.

SMG4: They're right here, Tari.

Tari: Oops.

SMG4: *sigh* We have something to tell you.

Tari: We're in love with each other.

Mario and Saiko gasped at that.

Mario: SMG4 is in love. Good job, man!

Saiko: You too, Tari.

SMG4: I'm glad you agree with our choice.

Tari: You all are really nice, especially you, SMG4.

SMG4: Thanks, Tari.

They kissed each other, as the others applauded for them.

Meggy: I'm so happy for you two.

Infinite: Great job.

Tari: Thanks so much, guys.

Infinite then sensed something.

Infinite: Someone terrible... is near.

Meggy: Who is it?

Infinite: It's a clone of you.

Meggy: I know who she is. Mario, Infinite, come with me. Sorry we have to leave you two lovers so soon, but we have more important business to deal with.

Tari: It's alright. Come on, SMG4. Let's take out more enemies... together.

SMG4: Okay, Tari. I feel so happy with you right now.

Tari: I love you so much, SMG4.

SMG4: I love you too, Tari.

SMG4 and Tari ran off to fight more enemies, while Mario, Meggy, and Infinite started to look for the evil clone.

That's what the next chapter is gonna be about. The evil clone. I'll see you in the next chapter.