Chapter 28: Mario...

Mario, Meggy, and Infinite were still working together dealing kills to enemies, as something terrible was about to hit them.

Dark Squid came on top of a roof and shouted "HEY!"

Meggy: Huh?

Mario: What is it?

Infinite: Dark Squid.

Dark Squid: You killed almost all of my friends... and now all of you shall perish.

Meggy: With what, exactly?

Dark Squid: A deadly upgrade to what you all saw earlier.

She showed her Dark Power Glove to them.

Infinite: The Power Glove. It's gotten more powerful!

Dark Squid: And now... you're all gonna suffer.

Dark Squid shot her Dark Power Glove, as everyone started to run. The lightning was very faster than the normal Power Glove, and it hit Meggy, but it reflected off of her because of her Knight Armor of Worthyness.

However, the lightning was still going as it accidentally hit Mario.

Meggy: MARIO! NO!

Meggy ran over to Mario, who was coughing hard.

Mario: Meggy... what's happening to me?

Dark Squid: Why isn't he instantly dying? I gotta power this up again.

While Dark Squid powered up her Dark Power Glove, Meggy was holding Mario wanting him to not leave her, as Mario was slowly disappearing.

Meggy: Mario, please don't leave me!

Mario: Am I gonna die?

Infinite: Sadly... you might.

Mario: Oh god.

Infinite: I will avenge you for what she did.

Meggy: Mario... I'm gonna miss you so much.

Mario: I'm gonna miss all of you too. And Meggy... no matter what, with or without me, we'll win this war.

Meggy: But... what about after the war?

Mario: I don't know. I DON'T KNOW!

Meggy: I guess I'll see what will happen after your... unexpected... death.

Mario: I will always love you, Meggy.

Meggy: I'll always love you too... even until after you die.

Mario and Meggy started to cry, and they kissed each other, as Dark Squid powered up the Dark Power Glove again and instantly killed Mario.

Meggy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Meggy felt terribly broken up after what she witnessed and started crying very hard.

ReaderFromWR came in wanting to know what just happened.

ReaderFromWR: What happened?

Infinite: Mario... is gone. Dark Squid killed him with a Dark Power Glove.

ReaderFromWR: I thought I got rid of that terrible thing.

Meggy: I can't believe Mario is dead!

Infinite was trying to calm Meggy down, while ReaderFromWR was starting to get angry.