Epilogue 3/3: Infinite's Goodbye

Infinite had just gotten finished on fixing the last building.

Infinite: Alright! All finished. Now... it is time... to hang out with my friends in this universe... for the last time.

Infinite started to shed a tear, as he immediately wiped it off.

Infinite (thoughts): No tears, Infinite. You're just gonna miss them, and smile.

Infinite went over to the castle and knocked on the door, as Meggy opened it.

Meggy: Infinite!

Infinite: Yeah, it's me. I'm here to join you guys in the party.

Meggy then hugged Infinite.

Meggy: I'm so glad you came!

Infinite: Thank you, Meggy.

They walked inside and saw their friends hanging out.

Infinite (thoughts): Try and make the most of it, Infinite. This is the last time you're gonna see them for a long time. Be strong, Infinite.

Everyone was having fun celebrating until nighttime, as everyone went off to bed.

Meggy: Good night, everybody. We'll continue our lives as it was before the war started in the morning.

Everyone: Good night.

Mario and Meggy slept together in a bed. The other couples, even Machito and Clauds, slept together as well. Everyone else slept wherever they want in the castle, and Infinite slept in the basement.

Infinite was sleeping peacefully, trying not to contain his excitement. He hasn't seen his friends for over a month, and he misses them so much. He was so happy about this, but he was also a little sad that he'll be leaving this universe and the friends he made there. But it's okay because he can go back whenever he pleases.

However, Infinite's peaceful sleep wasn't peaceful for long. He started dreaming, and he was in the Mushroom Kingdom, but it was a wasteland. Everything was empty and gone, and Infinite was devastated by this.

Infinite: What happened here?

Infinite started to walk around the wasteland, and he's now seeing dead bodies around him. But not just dead bodies. Dead bodies of his friends from his universe.

Meggy, Mario, SMG4, Tari, Saiko, Fishy Boopkins, Bob, Luigi, Bowser, Toad, Francis, Crystal, Flame (if you read Meggy X Reader, then you'll know who these people are), and even (Y/N), were all dead.

Infinite: No... this can't be happening!

A mysterious figure approached him.

???: Oh, it is indeed happening.

Four villains, being Xeggy, Wario-Man, Sonic.exe, and Peach were beside ???.

???: Get him!

They all started running towards him, but he can't run away.

Infinite: Come on, move, damn it!

??? grabbed Infinite and threw him to Sonic.exe. He was now dead. All he saw after being grabbed was Sonic.exe's face and words saying "YOUR FRIENDS ARE ALL GONNA
DIE."

Infinite woke up and screamed. He started to cry, as Meggy and Mario heard him and went down to see him like this.

Mario: Mama mia!

Meggy: Infinite, what's wrong?

Infinite: I... had a nightmare. All of my friends from my universe... they were killed by... someone mysterious and deadly. One of my friends told me about this person while on the phone. He's real... and he's gonna kill me and my friends!