Chapter 33 - the last name

I left my apartment to come across the most shitty weather ever here in Manchester.

"What the hell?!", I yelled at a car that raced so fast that I was splashed with dirty water from the street.

I was on my way to SONY MUSIC for my first meeting.. and I wore my brand new dress from Topshop which wasn't exactly cheap, and now it was full of dirt and ish.. IDIOT!!

I turned around to head back inside to change when I heard a voice behind me: "Need help there?"

Slowly but casualy I turned around to see a blonde boy with a jean jacket on and sort of thight beige trousers. Luckily he smiled or else I would've just ran upstairs into my flat.

"Oh thanks, no I think I'll be alright", I half smiled and we stood in awkward silence for a couple of seconds.

"I'm Nash", he held out his hand for me to shake and I quickly shook it. "I gotta go", I mumbled and left. Kind of creepy but he seemed friendly and all...

Five minutes later, I had on my new outfit which contained blue jeans, a blouse with flower print on it and a leather jacket. Not to forget my nude highheels and my nude tote.. a knock off of the céline bag that I have wanted for ages but I never had the money for it.. whatever.

I got a taxi to drive me to the record label building and then got out paying 23 pounds and fifty pence.. traffic was robbing my bank account!!

"Hello, my name is Ray and I have a 'lets meet' meeting today here", I silently giggled at my sentence but then quickly shook it off as the lady behind the desk looked up at me like I had two freaking heads.

"Oh, you're Ray. Like in Matthew's Ray?", she said without an emotion. Matthew's Ray? Seriously?!

"I guess that's me, yeah", I faked a flashing smile and then I followed her into the elevator to go up to whatever level it was.

"You knew in the music buisness?", she asked in a very, I mean VERY, strong manchester accent.

I scrached the back of my neck, "Uhm.. yeah, Matty- I mean Matthew Healy... an old friend signed me up for all of this and so.."

She nodded and then the elevator door opened. "He is a really great guy", she grinned like she was hiding something. Hmm.. did they have a thing or somthing?

I entered the conference room with a bright smile and was greeted by friendly faces all around a big table with lots of snacks and drinks on it.

"Welcome to SONY MUSIC miss Ray", the head of the company was sitting infront of me.. SHIT what did I look like?! I bet I looked awefull!!!

"Thank you for having me", I smiled and a lady motioned me to sit across from her next to the owner.

"One thing I wonder is what your last name is miss", she smiled, "Matthew only wrote Ray into the papers. He's a good friend of mine", she alsoe smirked a little and I began to wonder what Matthew was up to before he met me.. or whilst he was with me, god forbid! "I told him that I would accept first name only until our first official meeting which is today, so?"

Do you remember when I told you guys, that my parents kicked me out of their house and I hated them and they hated me, too? Well, I really don't want to have a last name, at least not theirs so nobody really ever asks me what my last name is. I decided on just quickly saying it, writing it down onto the contract and leaving it at that.

"Ray.....", I gasped, "Becker."

"Okay miss Becker, I just need you to sign here, here and right about here", she said and shot me a quick smile.