Chapter 36 - numb screaming

( Thank you guys so super much for commenting and voting!! I love you from the bottom of my heart! )

MATTHEWS P.O.V.

I left the hospital, dying to know why she fucking left me. What reason was there? Did I do something wrong. 

The words she said pounded through my head and made my body shiver. 

"Get out!"

What was she thinking. I felt like there was nobody who could watch her. 

My phone rang. 

"Hello, Matthew?", said a voice on the other end.

"Who is it?"

"It's Ross... you don't recognize me?"

"Sorry, Ross... uhmm.. what's wrong?!", I mumbled into the phone. I was so confused.

"Well, the press is going wild 'bout you marrying Reema... or whatever her name is."

"It's Ray, mate. Ray", I shighed and I could hear her cracking voice back in my head.

"So? Is it true?!"

"No.", I snapped and hung up. Marry her? What?!

I wonder who that blackmailer was.. I hadn't asked her enough questions to be honest. Like where were you born, what was your childhood like and things like that... did she even go to college.. hell, I didn't even know how old she was!

I went home and slept. Slept for what felt like forever and then found out that I had slept from lunch time to the next day in the morning. Oh my god.

I texted and called Ray a billion times but nobody ever answered. She was like a mystery to me. So many secrets and unspoken feelings in her that it almost made me have a heart attack when I found out something new about her.

I decided to get a train to where she lived. There was no other way then talk to her, right?

I took the underground and whilst I was on it so many people where on their phones I couldn't even believe it. Some people thought I wasn't noticing that they were taking secret pictures of me but heck of couse I did. A girl came up to me and said she wanted a photo. I gave her a fake kiss on the cheek and then she left.

I looked around and watched people. One caught my eye. It was a woman that looked abit like Ray... I had to stop myself from running up to her.. that would've been embarrassing! Her wavy long brown hair looked just like Rays. Thank god she didn't notice me staring! Anyways, she looked about mid thirtys and I swear they looked alike.. scary! She wore a black hoodie and black jeans, she did look abit like a killer or something but.... nahh that can't be right? Maybe it was her mum..

The train stopped and I got out. 

As I was walking I heard a numb scream. But I didn't turn around. It wasn't anything anyways and I didn't want anybody to recognize me.. again!

SO DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?! MAYBE THAT WAS A HELPFULL HINT :D 

Forever urs, Anna <3