Unread chapter #2

Ray's P.O.V

The phone rang and all I wanted to not do was get up and pick up the phone.
Eventually, after it rang ten times, I got up and answered.

"Yeah?"
"Hi, is this miss Becker-Fenderson I'm talking to?" A manly voice said.
"Uh, yep" I answered.
"We wanted to invite you to a gala event tonight, I know it's a bit short notice but we would love to have Matthew Healy's girlfriend here tonight!"
"I guess I can make it, when is it?" I asked politely. Me and a gala event, wow great fit.. Not.
"Tonight at 8pm in Manchester Convention Center" he was very friendly it seemed. "And by the way, my name is Josh so just ask about me and someone will know."
"Alright, thank you" I smiled and hung up.

What to wear?

I decided to grab my white lace dress and some black heels since it was summery weather outside. It was already 5pm and it would take me about thirty minutes to get to the convention center.
I styled my hair into a strict back slick bun and braided a strain of hair around my head. It looked absolutely hideous but I had an excuse which was 'short notice'.
I wonder if Matty and the band were gonna be there but really, I didn't care.

---

As I arrived at the venue my hair was still in place and my dress had little krinkles on the back but I didn't care, short notice was the answer.

"Welcome to the Manchester Charity Gala" said a man and opened the door to the black Mercedes I was sitting in.
"I'm supposed to talk to Josh?" I asked shyly and he smiled "right through there" he pointed at a big door at the other end of the aisle that was crowded with fans. Shit.

"Ray! Ray!" Yelled the paparazzi and a bunch of fans wanted my picture and autograph.
"Please sign this" a girl had tears in her eyes.
"Only if those tears are happy tears" I smiled and she almost collapsed "yes, yes! I love you so much" she screamed and that made me so happy "then I'll sign" I said and she kissed my cheek.

"Over here Ray!" Some girls screamed and I went over to them.
"Hello there" I smiled and they all waved.
"Can you sign my arm?" One asked and then another one chirped in "please sign this picture" she pleaded and I did all of it.

"How was your day" a paparazzi yelled and I nodded politely "great!"
He looked happy and left.
"Are you two getting married?" "I heard you had sex in a public park?" "How is matthew in bed?" Paparazzis are getting on my nerves.

I headed inside and got a text.

Unknown:
"Hey bitch, nice dress but watch your side boob. It's ugly and so is your face!"