Chapter 47 - Fenderson

Ray's P.O.V.

He left me. Really?

I walked through the entire park and somehow I caught myself searching for him.

'He fucking left you here and did nothing to convince you to stay, stupid!' my inner voice yelled and now, for the first time, I agreed with her. She was right.. so right.

I saw the big canal streaming past me in a rush.

Like it was running away from something.

Like me.

I was running away from myself and running away from reality.

Suddenly something came to my head.

What if I called my mother and asked what dads last name is.

I'm so fucking stupid!

I could've done that ages ago.

--

"What's up, dear?" my mothers voice echoed through the phone.

"Well, I just wanted to ask.. uhm.. I know it's a rough subject but what is dads last name?"

See I have to tell you. When my parents kicked me out of our house, shortly after that my dad dissapeared. He just left. Since that time I haven't spoken to my mother until the day came that my 'other mother' kidnapped me and told me about all of this. I forgot my dads last name. My mom and dad got married when I was five.. I think. My mother decided to keep her last name, Becker. I couldn't remember dads last name, looking at the time I haven't talked to him.. three years. As they got divorced my mother took her name and I guess my last name is Becker unitl this day.

"Do you want to find out who your half brother is?"

"Yes, mother" I sighed and she stayed quiet for a minute as if she was thinking how to tell me his last name.

"Fenderson" she said quietly and I mumbled a quick 'thanks' and she hung up.

Fenderson.

Fenderson.

Ray Becker - Fenderson.

Matthew wasn't my brother... shit, I mean half brother.

I wanted to jump of joy.

Would he believe me?

That was the only thing I had to hope for right now.