The Table [JaimePreciado - kat2323]

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry that it's late!

When love dies, it never really gets buried in the ground, never to be remembered again, there’s no heaven or hell for love, simply just purgatory. There are people you forget, that never really cross your mind ever again, but then there are people who never leave your mind, they're there like a tattoo on your skin, only to be removed with serious, painful procedures.

He isn’t a person I want to forget, I don’t want him to leave my mind, I like thinking about him, no matter how bitter it feels at times. If he disappears, becomes just a distant memory that my mind can’t seem to hold on to, it’s all real, he’s really done, we’re nothing anymore, I mean nothing to him, and I don’t want that, I want to be something to him, even if it’s the lousy label of being his ex-girlfriend.

Everything was going well, I don’t know when we took a wrong turn, a turn for the worst, it was out of nowhere really, our fight, I don’t even know what caused it or what it was really about. It just spiraled, into a fight about time, about attention, about drinking, about calling, about maturity, about urges.

When it had escalated, there was no turning back, words were said, things were thrown, walls were punched, nothing could be forgotten, and that was the worst part. We couldn’t just forget what happened between us because it’s never going to be erased, we said those things to each other, we can’t take them back.

I remember listening to one of his songs, not the band’s song, just his song, off his side project, and crying the entire time, knowing what it’s about, knowing that I'm the girl who inspired a song, but not for good reasons. It wasn’t a happy song, it sounded happy, the music light and lively, but the pain behind the lyrics was because of me, and I didn’t want that type of song.

He thinks that I lied to him, about what I'm not sure. Lying wasn’t something I was into, it always ended up worse than telling the actual truth. More people got hurt in the process and I would end up screwed.

I’ve never been so sarcastic in my life than I was on that day. It wasn’t humorous, like I usually use it for, instead, it was full of hostility.

He didn’t stop yelling when the tears streamed down my face, or when I sat down on the edge of the bed, defeated, or when I stopped yelling. Maybe it’s because he was worked up, or maybe it’s because he really felt all those things and I just couldn’t see it before.

In one of his songs, he sings, “Memories that make me smile. A girl to stand there so she can admire the way I can never ever really keep my hands to myself. But, the alcohol it taste so sweet when it’s mixed with lies and defeat of all the battles I lost and lost again.

I never knew what I meant, I didn’t have the courage to text Vic or Tony or Mike and ask them if they knew what it meant. I'm not sure it’s my business, considering Jaime hasn’t talked to me in three months, one week, and five days.

“Hi, I'm Jaime,” his voice startles me, I didn’t expect someone to sit down in the empty chair across from me, I didn’t know him, and that made it all the more strange.

My light blue eyes grow wide as I run a hand through my faded pink hair, confused as to what is happening. I'm supposed to tell him my name, I know that, but I can’t get the words out, the damn trait of shyness taking over, and I know it’s mostly because I find him attractive.

His big, white smile is only brighter due to his lightly tanned skin, his hair sticking up as if to look effortless, and it’s attractive. He reminds me of someone I know, or I’ve seen, but I don’t know who, even after knowing his name.