He Has Her [DannyWorsnop - RadicalDame]

"Don't you dare give up on something that you know is worth fighting for.

All throughout high school, my dad would repeat that saying, telling me that by doing so, I would never back down from the challenges that life threw at me.

It wasn’t something that I told anyone about. In all honesty, I'm not positive if that was an actual saying or something that he made up in the spur of a moment. If it’s a saying, he put his own spin on it, just like he taught me to leave my handprint everywhere I went.

There was something telling me that the saying wasn’t meant for this job, that I should have just said no in the beginning, and I wouldn’t have to revert back to the saying so frequently.

Without thinking about the hardships, I said yes, getting lost in the beautiful color of his eyes. Stupid, it was, but they claimed that I would enjoy myself, that I wouldn’t regret a thing.

I needed this job, not only for the money but for my sanity. There were no jobs out there for people with an art major, and I didn’t want to work for some large corporation that would put their name on my designs. Without Danny, without being able to see him for a long time, I wouldn’t be able to stay stable.

Only, I do, I regret so much. I regret filling in for whatever his name was. I regret falling for him. I regret telling Cameron, because as soon as I did, everything became more real.

The list could continue on, if I had the time to write it. Though, I was tearing myself apart enough, I didn’t need a list to be a constant reminder as to how stupid and naïve I am.

Sitting on the booth, with my elbows on the table, my head in my palms, I bit my bottom lip to help stop the tears.

Finally, at this point in time, I’ve had enough. It was time for me to stop letting them walk all over me, and to get out before it becomes even more painful.

I wasn’t sure what the breaking point was, really. Everything seemed to come crashing down at the same time, it was like standing under a waterfall.

Sure, for a while, it feels like a massage, it looks beautiful, but after a while, in reality, it’s an ugly force of nature that is so powerful that it’s painful.

It wasn’t what I wanted. I shouldn’t be doing this to myself. He shouldn’t be able to have this control over me; I'm nothing but another friend, another girl, to him.

Pathetic, it’s exactly how I felt. Failing was impossible in this job; there was nothing to fail at besides making a tick mark next to whatever a person purchases. And if I wanted to succeed, the only thing I had to do was put on a fake smile and hand people merchandise.

But, it wasn’t the job that I was afraid of failing at.

It was staying sane that I was afraid of failing at.

Because every time I watch Danny walk off with Myca, he might as well be chipping away pieces of my sanity.

&,(;

“What are you going to do when we get back to England?” Cameron asks, pulling two cards out of the stack of cards in his hands, placing them on the table. “Two tens.”

Shrugging, I run a hand through my hair, wishing that instead of sitting backstage I was sitting in the back longue with him like she is.

Cameron always treated me like a friend, a best friend, someone to vent to and ask for advice and give advice.

But, I'm not here as a friend, I’m here to sell their merchandise. I don’t know what to think of that, the fact that I wasn’t invited as a friend but as a person to work underneath him.