I Promise [CalebShomo - blondeginger4life]

“I love you, Asia.” Caleb’s arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him on the couch, it’s the first time that I’ve seen him in a long time. He buries his nose in my red hair; I’ve missed him.

I smiled, resting my head against his shoulder. “I'm glad that you’re here, Caleb.” He had come all the way to Chicago, just to be with me.

“Asia, hello, Asia, earth to Asia. Can you do the shoot or not?” Elaine asked, tilted her head to the side. She held her hand out in front of my face, waving it back and forth to get my attention.

Nodding, I felt a blush warm my cheeks, embarrassed at my reaction. “Yes I can. It’s tonight, right?” Running a hand through my hair, I tried to stay calm, not wanting her to think she needed to assign this assignment to someone else.

She slid me a pass and a sheet of paper with an address on it. “The concert starts at seven but they don’t go on until eight thirty. So don’t get there any later than seven thirty, okay?”

Taking the paper off of her desk, I nodded. “No later than seven thirty, I can do that.”

“Oh, and I want backstage pictures, preferably candid. Are you sure that you can do this?” Elaine questioned, raising her eyebrow.

Rolling my eyes, I nodded. “Of course I can do this. It’s not a problem. Thank you for the opportunity.” I'm good with things like this, being thrown into something, I'm not shy, far from it really, there’s no reason to be shy, I'm happy with who I am as a person.

She smiled, waving her hand towards her door, telling me I was dismissed. Times like these made it all seem okay, working for a local newspaper instead of a magazine like AP.

Caleb looked at me, his eyes not tired and dull, something I liked about him. He didn’t feel sad around me, he was happy, I made him happy, and I love it, because he makes me feel happy.

“Do you love me, Asia?” Caleb whispered, turning the television off. His brown eyes were staring into mine, as if they were looking into my soul.

Tilting my head, I nodded, drawing my eyebrows together. “I love you, Caleb, a lot.” He knows this, I tell him all the time, he deserves to know how much he means to me.

He led me to the room, knocking on the door before opening it. “Guys, there’s a girl from Chicago News here for you.”

The three of them sat on a couch, smiling up at me. “Hi, I'm Asia.” I smiled back at them, pulling the camera out of my bag. “Just pretend that I'm not here.”

Caleb drew his eyebrows together, confused. “What if I don’t want to pretend that you aren't here?” There’s a faint smile on his lips, but the bags under his eyes dominate his gorgeous face.

A blush warmed my cheek and I smiled. “That’s not the point of me being here. It’s supposed to be candid. If you know that I'm here, with a camera, it won’t be as candid.”

He shook his head, not allowing the other guys in the room to speak. “You can still take picture of us even though we know you’re here. Come and talk to us. You can take pictures while we talk.”

Shaking my head, I smirked, raising my eyebrows. “Caleb, I'm a photographer not a conversationalist.” I know who they are, I listen to their music, and I’ve been a fan since Austin was the singer, but, in my mind, Caleb is better. There’s something about him that entices me, makes me want to just talk to him about life.

“A what?” Andrew asked, tilting his head to the side. “Is there a such thing as a conversationalist? Is that a word?”

Caleb nodded, not taking his eyes off me. “How did you get into photography?”