[AndyBiersack] I Never Realized - SlapYouIntoOblivion

Author's Note:

I don't know if you meant the Andy that looked like that. But, yeah. There's the picture, hahah.

When people tell me that my boyfriend worships the devil, Satan, lives like he would as if he’s in Hell, that he belongs down there, that he’s Satan’s son, I don’t even respond even more. There’s no reason to tell me these things, I don’t want to hear them, I don’t care that those people think that, it’s nothing that I haven’t heard before.

He’s none of those things, and I don’t really care about what people say about him, it doesn’t faze me, and it certainly doesn’t make me think less of him. Their words don’t bother me like they used to, because in the beginning I didn’t know what to think of him either. I wasn’t one of them, those people who called him things like that, but I wasn’t someone who was a fan of him, of his dark makeup and rockstar styled hair.

I hadn’t heard his music, or of his band for that matter, but I agreed to the date regardless of his occupation and his appearance. We had bumped into each other, literally – he sent me stumbling a few feet backwards, and I had fallen on my ass, into a pile of hay. What he was doing at a horse ranch, nonetheless the one that I was interning at, was beyond me, and the only answer I’ve ever gotten was that he simply wanted a relaxing day doing something he’s never done before.

In all honesty, if I didn’t look into his piercing blue eyes, the ones that I felt like I could swim in, I wouldn’t have agreed to going on a date with him, especially since I didn’t know him well enough to even consider dating him. But, I said yes, and it was nice, I had a good time, he was different, he was creative, he was a singer, someone who wrote songs and inspired people.

He told me about the band, about Black Veil Brides, that night, but only briefly, and I attributed that to the theory that many girls have used him in the past because of his band, or at least tried to use him. I don’t know why anyone would want to use him; I remember wondering why anyone would waste their relationship on using him, because at that point, his eyes, his charm, and the way he spoke with such a confident understanding of the world had me convinced that girls were stupid if they didn’t see the beauty in him, inner and outer.

The first song of his I heard, I took notice to the way he words things, the way he made people realize that being different is okay, that it’s good, that there’s nothing wrong with being flawed in the eyes of society. “Take joy in who you are. We know our wings are flawed. We're bored to death in heaven, and down alone in hell. We only want to be ourselves.

All this time, I thought that I was going to fall in love with someone who is a college graduate, someone who finished college and got a degree and has a stable job that pays for health insurance. That’s what I envisioned before Andy, and I can’t really picture it now that I met him, because I like all of this. I'm intelligent enough to not need a man to support me, ever, and I'm strong enough to not ever need a man to support me, and Andy gets that, yet he still tries and he insists on paying when we go out, but I have no problem with that, because it’s sweet.

“I played hockey.” He says, leaning forward and grabbing a slice of pizza from the box, the cheese growing into long strings, and he groans softly at the minor annoyance. Raising an eyebrow, I take a small bite out of the pizza on my plate, placing it back on, knowing that he wouldn’t lie to me, but trying to see the hockey player in him. “I was ranked a junior Olympian.”

Crinkling my nose, I glance at the pack of cigarettes, but realizing that they haven’t been opened, and I relax, hoping that he didn’t take notice to my short discomfort. “I don’t know. I believe you. It’s just not something that I would expect from you.” I know that he’s waiting for me to tell him something, but I don’t know what to say, I just want to learn about him, he knows almost everything about me.