[JaimePreciado] Untouchable - SlapYouIntoOblivion

Author's Note:

Please, tell me if you don't like it. I've never done something like this. But, then I just got the idea and I don't know, I tried to go with it. I hope you enjoy it!

When I met her, she was this untouchable person. No one besides her friends knew her well. She was that girl in high school that everyone either liked or didn’t like.

But, none of that seemed to faze her. In her mind, everything had a reason, and whatever she knew as the truth was all that mattered.

If she did something that people thought was stupid but was the right, moral thing to do, she couldn’t care less about what they thought.

The other girls were intimated by her, everyone was. Girls hated how well she fit in with the guys; her laidback personality and her sarcastic goofy humor made her one of the guys.

What I loved the most about her when we were in high school was that she always knew what she wanted to do with her life.

While everyone was freaking out about college and needing to know what major they intended to declare, she was calm, collected, and she knew that she wanted to be a veterinarian.

It wasn’t until after high school that the two of us truly became friends. In school, she was always the girl who had a smile on her face and was nice to everyone.

I remember when she would ask me to go with her to the library over her winter breaks from college; she said that she didn’t want to sit alone at the large table.

Eventually, I learned that she just wanted to spend more time with me. And that was fine with me, because all the time in the world wasn’t enough time with her.

She was always challenging me, always correcting me when I was wrong. She’s a smartass, but she was my smartass. My know-it-all.

And then, then she had enough. Enough of the immature behavior. Enough of the days without a single phone call. Enough of the fans who would always make it seem like something more happened than a simple hello.

I kissed the scars on her skin. I still think you're beautiful and I don't ever want to lose my best friend. I scream out "god you vulture bring her back or take me with her.” Tear it down, break the barricades, I want to see what sound you make. I need this favor with the bags under the fucking night where you can die.

Hannah said that she doesn’t hate me, that she loves me, but that all of this was just too much. That things had changed since high school.

Vic says that all she wanted was for me to reassure her that I loved her too. I love her; she had to be blind to think that I didn’t love her, and she’s intelligent, she had to have known that.

I was always afraid of touring coming in between our relationship. I’ve seen it happened with the guys we toured with, all the fights and the things thrown. It should have been my warning.

But, I couldn’t leave that relationship. She’s the best thing that ever happened to me, and it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

The guys still talk to her. I haven’t tried to call her. I probably should call her, to let her know that I still love her, to find out if she still loves me.

According to the guys, she doesn’t mention me. They say she’s putting up a brave front, but I'm pretty sure that her sarcastic comebacks aren’t on her mind when they bring me up.

Her hostility is actual anger and not sarcasm.

Eventually, the guys started to say how she sounded depressed, not angry, that all her anger disappeared and her sadness took over.