Chapter 7

Jungkook slowly walked inside the big park behind his house, once again he had a fight with his dad this morning but luckily it wasn’t that bad this time. Jungkook didn’t run away to the park like he normally would when he had a fight with his dad he was actually meeting someone. Someone who had been very important to him in the last few years. Someone who understood him without questions and who would join him on his nightly adventures. 

Jungkook walked a little further towards the small lake, already spotting the dark grey haired boy. With a soft cough Jungkook grabbed the elder’s attention, a soft smile falling on both of their faces. 

“Hey Kook, you good?”

Jungkook gave the boy a small nod before he walked over to him. “Yeah I’m fine, how’s life Yoongi?”

The grey haired answered that there had been nothing special before the both of them started to walk through the park. 

Jungkook had met Yoongi a few years back when he was in a club deep in town. They had klicked almost instantly and without giving it much thought the two of them had started to schedule regular club nights. Both of them getting drunk as fuck and ending up with a random dude in their bed most of the times. Yoongi was always going for someone who showed interest in him first, Jungkook just getting anyone who was willing. The only rule they had was that it must always be someone who had given their consent before they were drunk. Taking advantage of someone was not something the both of them wanted, ever.

Lately Yoongi had skipped most of their nights though, always saying he had something else to do which resulted in Jungkook going out with his other friends. Last night had been no exception. Yoongi had once again canceled, telling Jungkook he wanted to speak with him the next day. Jungkook had no idea why the elder wanted to speak with him but he was pretty sure it had something to do with his continuous cancelling.

A soft silence had fallen between the two boys before Jungkook softly spoke up. “Jin and Namjoon made me go to those sessions I told you about.”

Yoongi’s attention was instantly on Jungkook, eyebrows raised and eyes big. Jungkook had always told Yoongi that he wanted nothing to do with the sessions Namjoon offered so to hear him say he had been to one was a big shocker.  

A soft sigh left Jungkook’s mouth before he continued. “They’re group sessions Yoongs. They made me go to freaking lunatic school. I hate it there, these people aren’t like us. They…..They are weird.  Don’t worry though i’ve only been to the first one and skipped the second……..freaking weirdos.”

A small frown formed on Yoongi’s face. “Aren’t those sessions supposed to help you, Kook? Maybe you should give them a chance.”

“Nope, no, never again. I will never set foot in that place again. I swear Yoongs those people are freaking weird. One of them is so freaking hyper that it freaks me out, his story is complete bullshit and I’m pretty sure he will kill me in my sleep if I ever fall asleep in one of those sessions. I don’t belong there and I won’t go there anymore.”

Yoongi raised one eyebrow, slowly walking further while a soft silence fell between the boys again. 

What Jungkook had said was true though, he wasn’t gonna attend anymore. He had skipped the second session without giving any notice to either Namjoon or Seokjin, already knowing that if he did the two would do everything to let him attend against his will. Jungkook had ignored the phone calls, messages and voicemails from the both of them and he wasn’t planning on answering soon. Maybe in a week or two he would send Namjoon a message or something but for now he was fine with how everything was at the moment. 

A soft sigh left Yoongi’s mouth, grabbing Jungkook’s attention before he began to speak. “Kook, I….I won’t be going out with you anymore.” 

Jungkook’s mouth literally fell open, a loud WHAT!? following a few seconds after. Yoongi must be kidding him, he couldn’t do this to Jungkook. They had been going out for a few years now, you can’t just stop that. You can’t just break a ritual. 

“I don’t wanna do it anymore Kook. It…..it wouldn’t fit with my new lifestyle.” Yoongi sighed already guessing the younger was going to be pissed at him. 

“Your new lifestyle!?” Jungkook yelled angry. “Have you suddenly decided to become a farmer or something, what the hell Yoongi you can’t do this.”

Yoongi walked a little away from Jungkook, pinching his nose before he looked back at the younger. Jungkook looked pissed, really pissed. His hands were balled into fists, his eyes dark and his lips pressed tightly together. “I got offered a job Kook, a really good one. One that wouldn’t fit with my current lifestyle.”

A loud scoff left Jungkook’s mouth. “Must be one hell of a job to let your friend down.”

Yoongi walked up to Jungkook, only for the younger to step back a little. He wasn’t happy with this announcement at all. One of his best friends had just replaced him for a fucking job.

“It is indeed a really good one. I got offered a job as a producer at Team Wang. You know how much I wanted that job Kook, please don’t get mad over this.”

Yoongi reached for Jungkook’s arm, only for the younger to rip it out of Yoongi’s grip instantly. He felt betrayed, fucking betrayed by one of his best friends.

“We can still be friends just without the club nights and the endless search for hookups while we’re both drunk as fuck…...I really want to keep this job Kook and the only way I can do that is by stopping our club nights…... Besides I’m getting too old for that shit anyway.”

A sarcastic laugh left Jungkook’s mouth. Without Yoongi he would only have his other group of friends, the ones who brought out the worst in Jungkook. People who loved Jungkook when he was with them doing stupid things but never spoke with him whenever they weren’t doing anything illegal. Those people were fun to hang around and do shit with but they weren’t friends, they were far from friends. Although Jungkook started to question if those people really weren’t his friends, at least they didn’t let him down like Yoongi and Namjoon had done. 

“Kook?” Yoongi tried again but the only thing Jungkook did was shake his head and walk away from the dark grey haired boy. Now he truly didn’t have anyone anymore. His best friend was only trying to get him into sessions with weirdos and his second best friend had just dropped him for a fucking job.

Without looking back Jungkook had left the park, leaving once again a friend behind. 

To say Jungkook took the news well would be a complete misunderstanding. His level of anger had increased with every hour and it hadn’t taken very long before Jungkook had called his other group of friends. All of them meeting up way past midnight behind the old factory.

Lets just say the factory wall had seen better days after the boys had finally left. Not much was over from the once pretty metal wall. Bright colours filled almost every spot and glass littered the floor. 

Most of it the work of none other than Jeon Jungkook himself.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What is your dream job?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.