Chapter 34

Jungkook looked up at the sight in front of him. The whole thing felt weird, forced almost but at the same time it felt good. It had been years since he had last done this but somehow it felt right. Just two men talking about their upcoming day while eating some breakfast. To an outsider it seemed like nothing special but to anyone who knew Jungkook it was the most bizarre thing they had probably seen in the last few years.

Jungkook slowly took another bite out of his bread while turning the cup of coffee in his hand around, playing with it to suppress the slight feeling of anxiety within him. While the whole thing felt good it also made him anxious. Anxious it would be a one time thing and everything would be shit again tomorrow.

The ravenette had been sitting at the dinner table this morning, eating his breakfast while he waited for the moment he could finally leave towards the ward. Today there would be another session and he couldn't wait to finally see Taehyung again and do something fun. Their friendship was getting better and better and Jungkook could only be happy about that fact. Taehyung had become someone important to him and he liked that fact more with each passing day.

A soft sigh left Jungkook's mouth and he quickly looked back up at the person in front of him. "It's been long since we've shared breakfast."

A soft smile fell over the older man, the man almost a spitting image of Jungkook himself, only more aged and a little rougher around the edges. "It is indeed. It's also been a long time since we talked without one of us screaming at the other too. You've calmed down a lot lately."

Jungkook shortly looked up, not really knowing how to react to that statement. Sure his father was right but surely that was not all there was to it, was it? It wasn't only him who had constantly started their fights, right?

"I've been going to Jin's sessions more frequently lately. He talks a lot about how I could handle my emotions better, maybe that's the reason why I'm not that explosive anymore." The ravenette decided to answer. Maybe his father was right about it somehow, he sure was a lot more agitated before he went to Jin's sessions.

Suddenly a soft buzzing sounded through the room, Jungkook's phone lighting up and showing the name of one of his old friends. Friends who he hadn't talked to in a long time and probably weren't calling him for a friendly cup of tea. Jungkook's eyes lingered a little on his phone before he brought his hand over towards it. It had been long since he last saw them, it had been long since he had been drinking or hanging around abandoned buildings. The last time had been drunk was right after he started Jin's sessions and he was really longing to feel that free again, nothing on your mind and just the feeling of ecstasy.

With a small smile on his face Jungkook reached for his phone already knowing the answer to that phone call, an obvious one to anyone that wasn't Jungkook himself.

With a slight shake of his head Jungkook pressed the red button, ending the call and not even bothering to answer it. He didn't need that feeling of ecstasy anymore through alcohol, he had found other ways to feel happy and carefree. Ways that involved his new friends, art sessions and a certain blonde boy.

Jungkook turned his phone upside down while he gave a short look at his father, almost shocked by the caring look on the older man's face.

"I'm glad Jin took you under his wings, he's good for you Kook. Really good." The grey haired man smiled lightly while a proud look could be seen on his face.

A small blush creeped up on Jungkook's cheeks, not being used to getting compliments from his father. Maybe the man wasn't as bad as he had always believed, maybe they just needed a new start in their father son relationship.

Maybe....just maybe that would solve their constant fighting.

Nothing really special happened at their breakfast before Jungkook had packed up his things and left for the ward, his father bidding his goodbyes to the ravenette while Jungkook had walked out of the door.