Chapter 31

Jungkook slowly looked up from the sound of a door opening within the room. His eyes instantly wandered towards the entrance door, that one being the only that could have made the sound he just heard. Without letting go of Taehyung he turned his body a little, almost instantly seeing the smiling face of Jin enter the room. While not long ago he had searched for the elder now he had completely forgotten that seeing Jin had been the first reason he had come to the ward this morning. So it wasn't a surprise Jin had come to find him the moment the psychiatrist had a free moment.

Jin's eyes immediately wandered towards the body within Jungkook's arm, one of his eyebrows instantly shooting up in a questioning way. While Taehyung wasn't crying anymore it was obvious the boy wasn't in the right mindset. He was still holding Jungkook's shirt like his life depended on it and his cheeks and eyes were a nasty red colour.

Jin slowly made his way over to the two boys, coming to a halt a little in front of them. "Is it okay if I join you two for a little? This might be a good moment to have a little talk."

Jungkook slowly looked over at Taehyung, the elder giving no reaction that he wasn't okay with the fact that Jin would join them. With a small nod Jungkook gave his permission at Jin while he wrapped Taehyung a little bit more against him. He felt protective over the elder while he was in this mindset, as long as Taehyung couldn't deal with the world himself Jungkook would deal with it for him.

Jin sat down on the ground before the two boys, his eyes quickly scanning over Taehyung but not taking any actions to get him away from Jungkook. As long as Taehyung looked like he wanted to be there Jin wouldn't do anything to get him away from Jungkook. If the ravenette was what Taehyung needed Jin would fully support it, it was about time the blonde found someone who could maybe crack him open and help him further along the way.

"Are you two allright? We were kinda worried when we couldn't find you two." Jin softly asked, a caring look in his eyes and a small reassuring smile on his face. It was obvious to him that at least Taehyung wasn't okay right now but that didn't mean that he would say that out loud. If anything he wanted Taehyung to tell him himself that something was wrong.

Jungkook shortly looked at Taehyung for a second before he looked back up at Jin. "I think I'm doing okay to be honest. Kinda shaken up but glad Tae's here with me."

Jin gave Jungkook a small nod before his eyes roamed over Taehyung again. The blonde still wasn't engaging in their conversation but Jin was sure he could hear them. "Can you tell me what happened?"

Jungkook's eyes darted shortly towards Taehyung, slight hesitation visible in his eyes. "I...I've told Tae about my past. About my mother, father and my friends. I also told him why I'm here and about you and Namjoon."

A small smile fell over Jin's face while a proud look could be seen in his eyes. "And how do you feel about that?"

Without thinking about it Jungkook slowly started to strike softly over Taehyung's back. "It felt relieving to be honest. It felt nice to finally tell someone about my past without being judged for it."

Jin's eyes shifted from Jungkook to Taehyung and back, an almost approving look in his eyes. "You've made great progress, you know. You've changed a lot since you started coming here. I still remember the fact that you didn't even wanna open up about anything when you first started coming here and look at you now. You're opening up and are also taking care of Taehyung like you've done it for years. You're doing great Jungkook, really great."

A small smile fell on both of their faces while both of them looked at Taehyung. The blonde still wasn't engaging in their conversation but it was clear he was listening to them. Somewhere along the way Taehyung had opened his eyes, his head half turned towards Jin so he could probably hear him a little better. Jungkook kept stroking the elder's back while his other arm was still securely wrapped around the blonde. There was a rare fondness in the ravenette's eyes that Jin hadn't seen before, not even when Jungkook was with Namjoon. Taehyung did things to Jungkook the youngest wasn't even aware of himself but it made Jin all the more happier.

"Are you okay Taehyung?" Jin softly asked while he tried to get some eye contact with the blonde. A small silence fell over the group before Taehyung slowly shook his head. "I'm not."

Both Jin and Jungkook instantly shifted their attention towards Taehyung, both of them hadn't really expected an answer and certainly not an honest answer.

"Can you tell us a little bit more about that?" Jin spoke softly, a kind and reassuring tone lacing his voice. The last thing he wanted right now was to bring Taehyung back in his bubbly and overenthusiastic mindset when he was finally opening up a little.

Taehyung's eyes darted a little across the room while he pushed himself a bit more against Jungkook. "I've told Kook about my past too. I'm glad he knows but it also brought back a lot of memories. That's not why I'm not okay though. The memories are something I can deal with....I.....I just...."

Another silence fell across the room before Jungkook slowly brought his face a little closer towards Taehyung's head. "It's okay, I'm here you can be honest. We won't judge you."

A soft sigh made its way out of Taehyung's mouth while he closed his eyes shortly. It wasn't that he didn't want any of the other's to know but telling them wasn't easy either. Both of the people with him meant a lot to the blonde and while they told him that they wouldn't leave the boy Taehyung could never be a hundred percent sure of that. Somewhere in the back of this mind was still that small thought that he would be all alone all over again.

Once again Jungkook softly nudged the elder's body while telling him that it was okay to open up, but if he really decided to not speak any further Jungkook would take him out for a walk to clear his mind a little.

As small as the gesture may have been to Jungkook it meant a great deal to Taehyung. Even if he decided not to tell Jungkook would still be there, he didn't put any pressure on Taehyung and that fact alone made it so much easier to open up about at all.

"I...I feel like I'm standing still, like I'm not making anymore progress in my mental health and I'm only going backwards. I've no clue what to do anymore and I'm afraid I will be stuck here forever. " Taehyung suddenly rambled, ducking his head almost instantly back against Jungkook's body. The younger boy had become his safe haven in the last few days and while Jungkook didn't know it he was keeping the blonde afload while he couldn't do it himself in times of great distress.

Jin shifted a little in his seat before a rather big smile broke out on his face. "You wanna hear my opinion on that? I think you're doing great to be honest. Like I told Jungkook just now you're also making big steps forward. You're letting somebody in your life after all this time and you opened up to him. Besides that your biggest step right now is your honesty while Jungkook's still in the room with you Taehyung. It might not feel like you're getting forward right now but to me as an outsider it surely does look like you're making really big steps. You just gotta believe in it yourself, but I know that will take some time. Time I'm sure Jungkook is willing to spend with you."

As if on cue Jungkook instantly nodded his head to confirm Jin's statement. Of course he would be here for Taehyung if the blonde needed it, that's the promise he had just made and he wouldn't break it.

"How about we partner you two up for the remaining sessions? I think you're good for each other and it seems like you help each other a lot." Jin suddenly proposed, having decided that they had talked enough about serious matters for now. Taehyung looked like he needed some rest and while it would be great to know a little bit more about what was going on inside the blonde's mind that also could wait until tomorrow. Taehyung's health came before anything else and judging by his current state Jungkook would be perfectly capable of helping Taehyung where he needed it the most right now.

Without a doubt both boys instantly agreed with Jin's proposal and with a big smile on his face Jin stood up from his place. "I'm happy you two found each other. I'm sure you're gonna become great friends."

Jungkook's eyes shortly looked at Jin before a shy smile fell over his face. "Is it okay if I stay a little longer?"

While Jin made his way out of the room a proud look was visible in his eyes.

"You can be here whenever you like Kook, Just give me a heads up so I can inform the nurses."

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's something that can always cheer you up?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.