Chapter 27

Jungkook's eyes shortly crossed with Jin's eyes. Both of them were smiling softly towards each other. "Are you okay with staying for a bit?" Jin whispered slowly between Taehyung's sobs.

As if on cue Jungkook instantly nodded his head, no way he would leave Taehyung in this state. Jin gave the younger an approving nod before he instructed Jackson to grab some medication for the blonde. The nurse instantly leaving the room to do as told.

"I'm going to give him something to calm him down. Nothing too heavy, just a little spark that will help him to get out of his current state, okay? I think it will help if you could stay until he's calmed down, he seems pretty fond of you." Jin whispered again while Jungkook gave him a soft nod. As long as they wouldn't drug Taehyung completely a small bit of medication should be fine. There was nothing wrong with getting a little bit of help if your brain couldn't do it itself at that moment.

Jungkook's eyes wandered back towards Taehyung. The elder still crying but yet again a little bit less than a few minutes before. Taehyung's sobs were still there but they weren't as harsh and loud as before. The blonde's body still shook every now and then but nothing Jungkook couldn't control within his hold. The ravenette's hand softly kept stroking through Taehyung's blonde hairs. The soft pieces of hair slowly slipping between his fingers and under his palm. Jungkook nuzzled his cheek a little more against Taehyung's head to let the elder know he was still here. The smell of Taehyung's sweet shampoo entering his nose. A smell Jungkook liked, it wasn't too strong but also not too light. It somehow fitted Taehyung, the realisation bringing a small smile on Jungkook's face.

It didn't take long before Jackson entered the room again. A cup in his hand with a small white pill and a glass of water in his other hand. Jin grabbed the two from Jackson before he made his way over to Taehyung and Jungkook. "Taehyung, I've got your medicine. Can you open your mouth for me?" Jin placed the small cup against Taehyung's lips and the blonde almost instantly opened his lips just enough for the small pill to slip past them.

"Jungkook, can you bring his head a little back so he can take a few sips?" Jungkook did as told and not even two seconds later Taehyung had taken two big gulps of water to swallow the little white pill. Jin nodded softly at the two before he handed the two pieces over at Jackson. "It's gonna work within the next thirty minutes. You can push that red button on the wall beside you if you need us okay?" Jungkook nodded softly and not much later both Jin and Jackson had left the room, leaving him with only a crying Taehyung.

Jungkook's eyes wandered back towards the blonde. Taehyung's eyes still closed and the sobs were still leaving his mouth. Without thinking too much about it the ravenette started to rock them slightly from left to right to calm the elder more down. "Let me know if you want to talk about, okay? I'm here and I won't let you alone." The ravenette whispered while a caring tone was lacing his voice.

There he was, Jungkook the all time rebellious bad boy who wanted nothing to do with Jin or his patients, now comforting one of them while he told him he wouldn't leave him. What had happened to him, this wasn't who he was and Taehyung wasn't who he wanted to be with. At least that's what he had believed all this time but Taehyung had proven again and again that he wasn't bad to be around and that Jungkook even liked his company every now and then. Even now he felt like staying with the blonde. He somehow understood Taehyung and his pain, making him want to stay with the blonde and help him where he could.

The two of them sat in silence for another twenty minutes while Jungkook kept stroking Taehyung's hair and back while the elder's sobs slowly decreased to soft sniffs every now and then. The grip on Jungkook's shirt lessened but Taehyung never completely let go, the shaking of his body had stopped and tears had lessened from rivers to small drops every once in a while.