Chapter 42

A/N

This chapter contains light smut. If you're uncomfortable with reading things like this please skip the part after they decide what movie they are going to watch. 
You will still be able to understand the rest of the story if you decide to skip it so don't worry.

_______

Jungkook smiled while he looked to his left. Jin had allowed him to bring Taehyung home with him for the evening so they could watch a movie together away from the ward. Both of them had shown enough progress with each other that Jin was willing to make an exception for once. He had given Jungkook his blessing to pick Taehyung up after dinner and bring him home before midnight. The two of them would watch a movie and not much more but it had been enough for the both of them. The fact they got to do something away from the ward again was already special enough.

"My dad isn't home tonight." Jungkook started while he looked back at the road. "Any idea what movie you want to watch?"

Taehyung shortly looked at Jungkook before he grabbed the younger's hand in his own. A soft smile playing at his lips and a relaxed look in his eyes. "I'm good with pretty much everything except for horror."

Jungkook glanced for a second at Taehyung's hand that had grabbed his own before he wrapped his fingers around the elder's hand. He loved the feeling of Taehyung's soft palm against his own. While he had never been one for small romantic things he liked doing it with Taehyung. It was the complete opposite of what he had always done but in a good way. It was a more relaxed way of living but that didn't mean he missed his old lifetime from time to time. The thrill of not knowing where you would end up that night, how you would come home or with who you would go home. It wasn't the boys or the love affairs he missed but the feeling that came with them. That feeling of knowing you are alive, the tingles in your stomach and the rush in your head. The rapid beats of your heart in your chest and the goosebumps that spread over your skin when you knew something was going to happen. It was exactly those things he missed from time to time. With Taehyung everything was kind of predictable and chill, something he liked but something that also took some time to get used to after all these years.

"Kook, you okay?" Taehyung spoke, seeing the younger man was getting caught up in his own mind.

The ravenette's eyes regained their focus before they crossed with Taehyung's brown orbs. "I'm sorry, nothing to worry about. Just some thoughts that occupied my mind, nothing special."

Taehyung kept his eyes locked on Jungkook for a few seconds to make sure the younger was telling the truth before he gave him a nod and turned his head back to the road.

It didn't take long for the both of them to arrive at Jungkook's place. The youngest of the two grabbing his keys out of his pocket and opening the door for the older boy. With a smile on his face and a wave of his hand Jungkook motioned Taehyung to walk inside. "Welcome to my home."

The blonde passed Jungkook slowly, his eyes instantly roaming his environment. Jungkook's home wasn't big but it was good enough for Taehyung. It felt like a home, not a room on a ward and that fact alone made up for the space of it. 

"We can watch the movie in my room, it's more comfortable than the couch." Jungkook spoke from behind Taehyung before he passed the elder and walked upstairs. It didn't take long before Jungkook opened another door upstairs and walked inside of it. The blonde followed swiftly, his eyes lighting up at the sight before him. Jungkook's room was exactly like he had pictured it. The room had a cozy but modern feeling to it. Most of the things were either black or white while some small decoratives were placed on a nightstand and a desk. A few posters hung on one side of the room, a small desk placed beneath them. A desk lined with stuff to make drawings with. He could easily tell that that had to be Jungkook's favorite spot in his room.