Chapter 24

Jungkook looked at Jin, both not really knowing how to react to the situation at hand. Neither of them had expected Taehyung to freak out like that since he had been acting like he was okay all the time. Of course they knew the blonde had been lying but none of them had suspected it to be this bad. Jungkook's intention had never been to upset the elder, he just wanted to help him and he truly believed that by letting Taehyung know he wouldn't judge the blonde he would help him. Taehyung's reaction had proven that that thought had been completely wrong though.

With a soft sigh Jin put his cup of tea down, his eyes leaving Jungkook's face and going back to the closed white door. The psychiatrist's eyes almost hopeless. Jungkook could almost read the elder's thoughts just by looking at them. He could see how it devastated Jin that Taehyung had left crying, how he wished Jungkook had been that person who could help Taehyung but just Yugyeom wasn't it, how he hoped Taehyung would have reacted differently and how he wanted to help the blonde so bad but was slowly starting to loose hope. Jin just didn't know what to do anymore at that moment. He had tried literally everything with Taehyung and time after time he had failed. The fact that his new found plan with Jungkook had turned into a total disaster too didn't help at all. He truly wanted to help Taehyung but he just didn't know how anymore. When Namjoon had told Jin the blonde would be a difficult case he had expected much but never to this extent. He had failed and he hated every bit of it.

Jungkook's eyes filled themselves with sympathy for the elder. He knew how much Jin was working on Taehyung's case and to see the elder so hopeless didn't sit right with him at all. Taehyung was a difficult one but he wasn't impossible. For almost everybody there was a solution for their problems so Jungkook was sure this must also be the case for Taehyung. If Jin couldn't do it the least the ravenette could do was try himself.

"You gonna tell me what that was all about?" Jungkook softly spoke, instantly getting Jin's attention.

"I can't Jungkook, If you want to know you have to ask him himself. Besides I don't even know why it got so out of hand a few minutes back. I've never seen him react like this." Jin answered slowly. His eyes went from Jungkook to the door and back.

An almost angry sigh left Jungkook's mouth. Why the hell was Jin being so secretive about this whole thing. On one hand he wanted Jungkook to help the blonde but on the other hand he wouldn't tell him anything about the elder boy. "Why am I even here if no one wants to tell me anything? I'm pretty sure I would be of much better help if I knew what I'm even doing here. You all keep me in the dark but want my help at the same time. This doesn't make sense at all." The ravenette rambled while he gave Jin a 'what do you want from me' look. It wasn't that he didn't want to help Taehyung but everybody was making it way harder than it needed to be. Besides how could he even help if he didn't know what he was there to help about. Much more than mental support wouldn't be it if they kept going like that and Jungkook didn't know if he wanted to do that. He wanted to help, not sit and watch while Taehyung performed one of his 'i'm doing amazing' performances.

"Well if you can't and won't tell me let me ask Taehyung." Jungkook stood up from his chair, already walking towards the door to go to the ward and visit Taehyung. If nobody would tell him willingly he would just ask for information and what better way than to ask the person this was about himself.

Jin's eyes widened before he immediately shook his head. "You can't. Give him space Jungkook. He didn't walk out for nothing, let him cool down."

The ravenette's eyes closed a little while his lips formed a straight line. "Not to be rude Jin but everything that has been done on the ward had proven to be of no use. You have no idea if this will help him so let me on the ward and let me try. I'm done with this secretive bullshit around Taehyung and I'm giving him a chance to open up."

Jin shook his head a second time, kinda understanding where Jungkook was coming from but in no way agreeing with the younger. "I can't Jungkook, that's not how it works. This isn't some kind of romance novel where you walk up to the victim and he's gonna spill all his secrets to the bad boy."

A small smile fell over Jungkook's face but it never changed his mind. This might not be a novel but it wasn't a normal situation either. How many people do you know that have a private spot in a therapy group where the psychiatrist is your best friends partner. Exactly none, so why couldn't his plan work? He didn't expect Taehyung to spill all his secrets but he could at least try to get something out of him. "I know it's not, but this isn't a normal situation either. Please let me try, I won't pressure him into anything. I just want to show my face, ask what's wrong and if he wants to talk about it, nothing more."

Jungkook saw the conflict in Jin's eyes. The elder not completely standing behind his own ideas and almost considering Jungkook's idea. On one hand he wanted to give Taehyung the space he had already created by leaving the room but on the other hand he wanted someone to be there for the blonde. Jungkook had offered that last option not even a minute ago but the problem with it was that Jin had no idea if Taehyung would even accept Jungkook's presence. Besides he didn't want to ruin the small relationship that was between Jungkook and Taehyung and he had no idea if that was going to happen if he sent Jungkook on that ward.

"Jin please, I promise that I will be carefull with him. I won't even ask him anything if that's what you're worried about." Jungkook pleaded. He didn't know why but something inside him told him to go see the blonde. It didn't feel right to leave the elder alone while he was clearly not feeling okay. Everybody needed a shoulder to cry on and Jungkook knew Taehyung didn't have that person. He didn't why but somehow he wanted to be that person for the blonde. He wanted Taehyung to know he wasn't alone and someone got his back.

Jin's eyes looked one last time at Jungkook before he gave the younger an approving nod. "Fine, but you have to be careful with him. Don't ask any too personal questions. Let him come to you. He will talk if he wants too, don't pressure him into it."

A smile broke out on Jungkook's face and he instantly agreed with the elder.

It didn't take long before the both of them entered the ward, Jungkook a little behind Jin.

The only issue Jungkook had with it all was that it was really quiet on the ward......too quiet.

____

A/N

my new story called Alliance is up now! please check it out if you are interested. a short summary will follow below.

"Who is this Linda?""My spider, you idiot!"~In which Kim Taehyung, a caring and loving zoo keeper, needs to find his stolen animals back with the help of an uncaring FBI agent named Jeon Jungkook.

Question of the chapter:
Who's your favourite kpop boyband apart from bts?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.