Chapter 44

Jungkook looked up at the street before him. He knew this wasn't where he should be but he had already agreed with the whole thing a few hours ago. Old but familiar feelings started to bloom inside Jungkook's body at the sight before him. He knew this place like the back of his hand. The smell was still the same and the lights were still broken. Not much had changed and somehow Jungkook liked that about this place. The place greeted him like an old friend that had been gone for too long.

Soft laughs could already be heard from behind the large building and Jungkook instantly recognised all of the voices. A small smile fell over his face while he made his way over towards them.

The ravenette turned the corner, the soft sound of his footsteps attracting the attention of the other boys instantly.

"THERE HE IS! OUR LONG LOST CHILD!" One of the boys shouted immediately before loud laughs erupted inside the group.

The ravenette put his hands up in surrender as an apology, the ghost of a smile still on his lips. "I know, I know. I'm sorry."

One of the boys threw a can of beer Jungkook's way, the ravenette catching it easily while he took a seat between them. "You better be. Choosing some lunatics over us, what were you thinking?" Another set of laughs surrounded them while the smile on Jungkook's face disappeared a little. He didn't want to talk about them right now, he was here to forget about them and not get reminded of them.

The ravenette opened the can of beer, taking a few sips of the drink before he turned his attention towards his friends again. They hadn't changed a bit in the last few months. They acted and looked exactly the same as they had always done and somehow that bothered Jungkook a little. He knew he wasn't the same anymore but at the same time it also made him feel safe to go back to something he knew so well.

He knew this life and these friends like the back of his hand. He knew the feelings that were inside his body right now and he knew how to handle them. He couldn't say the same about yesterday though. Yesterday had been a straight up disaster after he had taken Taehyung back to the ward. What started as a great night had turned into a nightmare for Jungkook. He regretted everything he had done towards the blonde with a passion. He hated himself for what he had done and he had no idea how to deal with it.

Talking to Seokjin wasn't an option, he had no idea how the elder would react if he told him he had taken the virginity of his patient in a not so caring way. That same reason ruled out Namjoon too. Yoongi had been an option if his boyfriend wasn't a good friend of Taehyung and his father wasn't home as usual.

With no one to talk to and nothing to get his mind out of the negative spiral that he had been in Jungkook had done the only thing he knew how to do if his feelings got too much; drink until you couldn't remember your own name.

It had taken him a few drinks before the heavy feeling started to leave his body and a few hours later he had been blacked out drunk on his bed. No feelings of him hurting Taehyung, him not being good enough for the blonde or self hatred occupied his mind anymore and he loved it.

It hadn't been a surprise that Jungkook had been hungover the next day but somehow that didn't stop him from answering his phone when one of his old friends had called. Before he knew it he had agreed to meet them tonight and shortly after he had canceled his plans with Yoongi, Jimin and Taehyung. He needed this, he needed to shut his mind off......at least that's what he thought.

With a soft sigh Jungkook looked back at his friends while he emptied the whole can of beer. He needed to get rid of the feelings that were slowly getting back inside his body. He needed to forget last night so badly.
Within a few seconds Jungkook had been handed a new can of beer while he tried to engage in the conversation the boys were having. Not really understanding the things the boys were talking about Jungkook emptied his second can of beer before he started to open his third.