Chapter 29

Jungkook opened the doors to the all too familiar hospital, making a straight line towards Jin's office only to find out the elder wasn't available right now. With a soft sigh Jungkook walked back in the hallway, knowing Jin was his only option to get something done right now. He couldn't go to the ward without someone who had access to it and hanging around the hallway wasn't an option either. Sure he wanted to see both Jin and Taehyung but he wouldn't wait in an almost empty hallway until one of the two would magically show up. No Jungkook wasn't that desperate but that didn't mean he wasn't disappointed.

With a soft sigh Jungkook turned towards the entrance, he would come back later if he managed to get a hold of Jin. The ravenette started to walk towards the big doors, deciding that he would head towards the city and get himself some lunch since he wasn't planning on going home while his father was still there.

Jungkook opened the door with a small push, the wind softly blowing through his hair and the sun instantly warming his face. Oh how he loved this feeling. The feeling of complete freedom while nobody was going to tell him what to do.

The ravenette opened the door a little further and not even a second later he was already making his way towards the small park across from the hospital. At least......

"JUNGKOOK!"

Within an instant Jungkook had turned himself around, getting somewhat startled from the sudden harsh shout of his name. The ravenette's eyes darted over the entrance of the hospital not seeing anybody he knew and could have shouted his name.

"OVER HERE!"

Jungkook's head turned a little to the left, guessing that's where the sound was coming from. His eyes scanned the windows and doors that lined the whole left side of the building but he still couldn't make out who it was that had been shouting his name. He hadn't recognised the voice either but on the other hand everybody's voice changed when they shouted that hard. Jungkook's eyes scanned the building a second time and that's when he noticed the hand waving outside one of the windows. He quickly scanned the window and he almost instantly recognised the familiar frame of Jackson. The nurse was waving at him from what was probably the nurses office, a smile on his face and a happy look in his eyes. Jungkook gave the nurse a small wave not really knowing what Jackson wanted from the younger, but he still made his way over towards the window. "Morning Jackson."

The nurse opened the window a little further while the smile on his face grew even bigger. "Thank god I was able to catch you on time. Jin texted me that you had been to his office but that he had been busy. We both guessed you would be here to speak with him and see Taehyung so I'm glad I still saw you walking outside. If you'd like it you can come inside the ward until Jin has time." Jackson spoke with the smile still on his face.

The younger was surprised that Jin had considered letting him on the ward without speaking to him first but at the same time it made him somewhat happy. It meant Jin trusted him to speak with Taehyung before the ravenette could speak with Jin himself. Jungkook gave Jackson a short nod and not much later the younger was on his way back towards the main entrance of the hospital. He once again took a left but this time passed Jin's office to go straight towards the ward. Jackson was already standing by the door, holding it wide open so Jungkook could enter easily. "Morning again."

A soft chuckle left the ravenette's mouth while he passed Jackson and walked inside the ward.  "Taehyung's in his room, you can go to him if you'd like."

Jungkook gave the elder a soft nod and not much later he was indeed in front of Taehyung's room. Not knowing how to approach the situation at hand Jungkook hesitated to knock on the blonde's door. What if the elder didn't want to see him or what if they both didn't know what to say. Jungkook had seen Taehyung at his lowest and of course did it change about how they saw each other. They weren't strangers or co-patients anymore but neither were they friends or best friends. To be honest Jungkook had no idea where they stood but at the same time he was willing to find out 'cause one thing he knew for sure. He didn't like to see the older sad and he wanted to be there for him.