Chapter 25

Jin's quick footsteps sounded through the halls while the both of them made their way on the ward. It was more than clear that Jin didn't trust the situation at all. His movements were too quick and his eyes scanned the hallways too rapidly. Empty and quiet hallways, nobody seemed to be out of their rooms and no nurses were walking down the halls to check on them, all of them probably in the shared living room to entertain the few patients who decided to stay there.

Without giving it a second thought Jin made his way over to the living room, throwing the door open while his eyes searched the whole room. At first Jungkook had assumed Jin was looking for Taehyung but the moment the elder called out Jackson's name it had been clear Jin had been looking for his head nurse. With his signature smile and his relaxed vibe the head nurse walked their way, clearly not aware of the situation at hand. "Jin, Jungkook. Good to see you two."

Jin instantly pulled the nurse aside, getting him out of earshot from the rest of the patients. "Where's Taehyung?"

Jackson lifted one of his eyebrows still not catching on, sure he had let the blonde enter the ward but he seemed fine to him. "His room I believe, is something wrong?"

Jin didn't answer the other, instantly turning his back and walking towards Taehyung's room while Jackson gave Jungkook a questioning look. The ravenette softly shook his head before he ran after Jin. This wasn't the time to explain things and he was sure Jin would do that the moment they knew Taehyung was okay. Jungkook saw how Jin marched up towards Taehyung's door, trying the handle only to find it closed and making it impossible for him to enter. The eldest of them all started to softly knock on the door to get Taehyung's attention, trying the handle every so often. "Taehyung, it's Jin. Can we talk?"

Silence.....complete silence.

Jungkook slowly walked up to the elder, not really knowing what to do with the situation. He had no idea why Jin suddenly seemed so stressed and he still didn't know why Taehyung had freaked out so much. The fact the blonde had locked himself in his room didn't sit well with the younger though. He didn't know much about Taehyung or the reason why he was here but he did know that a locked door with somebody in it on a mental health ward wasn't something good. He had seen enough movies where the outcome wasn't that great whenever they did manage to open the door.

Jungkook didn't know why but suddenly he did understand Jin's panic. They didn't know what was happening beyond that door and that fact alone somehow scared him. Taehyung hadn't been in a good state the moment he left them and now he was alone in a room with a locked door. A clear sign he didn't want to be bothered with whatever was going with him. A clear sign he wanted to keep people out of the room. A sign that didn't sit well with Jin and now also Jungkook. The ravenette's heart started to race and his face paled. Taehyung wouldn't-................

Right?

Taehyung would never-

Fact was that Jungkook didn't know if Taehyung wouldn't do something he might regret later, what he did know was the fact that he realised he didn't want something happening to Taehyung. He couldn't lose him like this, Jungkook didn't know why but he couldn't. The sudden urge to help Taehyung fully consuming him in a matter of seconds. Jungkook didn't want this, Taehyung was too precious, too pure. He needed to get in there and quick, this couldn't happen......it just wasn't an option.

Without a second thought Jungkook ran up to Jin, trying the handle himself. There must be a way to get inside. He would find a way, kicking it in if that was what it took. With shaking hands Jungkook tried the handle a second time before Jin pried him away from the door. "Jackson, you got any keys on you?" Jackson who was still on Jungkook's heels nodded immediately and not a second later he had handed over the silver shining keys to Jin. The psychiater instantly grabbed the right one in his hand before he started to unlock the door. "Stay outside till I say it's okay to come in." Jin opened the door, slipping inside while leaving it open just enough for Jungkook and Jackson to hear him but not see in the room.