Chapter 19

To say the rest of Jungkook's day had been better would be a complete misunderstanding. He got scolded twice by Jin after his little phone accident for not paying attention and Taehyung hadn't spared him another glance during the whole session. It didn't surprise the ravenette much that Jin wanted to speak with him after the session had ended. Hence why he currently was sitting in front of Jin's desk with a hot cup of tea in front of him.

"Okay, tell me what's wrong and don't give me that I'm fine crap again Jungkook." Jin sighed while he warmed his hands on his own cup of tea.

Jungkook's eyes darted shortly over Jin's face before he looked back at his lap again. To be honest he had no idea what was wrong, he probably had a bad day. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders a little to let Jin know he didn't know what was wrong, The ravenette just couldn't find the words to explain what was happening with him today 'cause he didn't even know himself.

Another sigh left Jin's mouth and he slowly stood up from his chair. Without really thinking about it Jin dragged his own chair around his desk. With a soft push he placed the chair next to Jungkook's before he took place on it again. Both boys now sitting next to each other, Jin's body slightly turned so he could look at Jungkook.

The elder softly placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder, making the younger flinch a little. "It's okay to talk about your feelings Jungkook, that's what I'm here for. It's not a shame to talk to me, nobody is gonna know."

Jungkook didn't look at the elder but Jin could see the ravenette thinking about his statement. A statement that was true. Jin would never tell anyone about what his patients told him, not even Namjoon. The fact that Jungkook and Namjoon were good friends didn't change anything about that, besides Namjoon would never ask about the personal things Jin knew due to his job. He knew Jin wasn't allowed to talk about them so he didn't bother asking, not even when he knew Jin's patients.

"I won't tell Namjoon if that's what you're worried about." Jin tried to convince the younger. He really needed Jungkook to voice out his feelings if he wanted to help him. Now he could only guess what the problem was but if Jungkook told him what was wrong he could start to work on a solution with the ravenette.

A deep sigh left Jungkook's mouth while he picked up his cup of tea. "I'm not worried about that. I know you won't tell Joon." The ravenette blew softly on the warm liquid while the cup slowly warmed his hands a little. "I....I just don't know how to tell you. To be honest I don't even want to tell you what's wrong but I know I'm supposed to if I want this whole thing to work."

Jin only gave the younger a soft nod, hoping he would continue by himself without further encouragement from the elder.

The ravenette took a small sip from his tea, finding out it was still way too hot to drink. "To be honest I don't even know what's wrong right now, I'm just in a bad mood I guess."

The psychiatrist let go of Jungkook's shoulder while he picked his own cup of tea up from the desk. "Any guesses why you're in a bad mood today?"

Jungkook softly shook his head to let the elder know he had heard him. He really didn't know why he suddenly was in such a bad mood. He hadn't woken up in a bad mood, the quite opposite to be fair. He had been rather excited to perform the song Taehyung and he had created so he had no idea where his mood had taken an one eighty all of a sudden.

Jin gave the younger a sympathetic look, he himself knew all too well where and why Jungkook's mood had suddenly changed. "You sure it had nothing to do with Taehyung?"

Within a second Jungkook had whipped his head towards Jin, his eyes almost spitting fire and a murderous look on his face. Not this shit again. "Jin I swear-..."

"No, hear me out." Jin interrupted the younger while he held one of his hands up. "I'm not saying it has to do something with your relationship with Taehyung. I know you aren't friends with him and are just working with him 'because I'm asking you to." Jin softly spoke while he looked Jungkook straight in his eyes.

Even Though Jin knew it surely had something to do with Taehyung he would never voice it directly towards Jungkook if the younger wasn't comfortable with it. The only thing he would achieve with that would be that Jungkook would only close himself off even more from the elder and that was just the one thing Jin didn't want. The elder would speak with Jungkook about his relationship with Taehyung whenever he was ready for it, if he was ever ready for it. "What I was trying to say is that Taehyung's behaviour might have triggered something in you that created the burst of anger that formed inside your body."

Jungkook raised one of his eyebrows a little, totally not catching on where Jin was going. "He did what?"

Jin smiled a little at the younger to let him know he didn't mean any harm. Now that he had sparked Jungkook's interest he only needed to keep him interested in the hope it would start a conversation that would help Jungkook. "If I'm correct it's because of Taehyung you got mad. Joon told me about the situation with your dad and I'm sure Taehyung's behaviour triggered the same reaction you give your old man. Taehyung didn't do it on purpose but he kind of neglected you after you two were done with your song. You believe your dad does the same, right?"

Jin gave the younger another small smile before he continued with his explanation."Your dad's never there when you need him and leaves you as soon as he finishes something you two needed to do, right? I'm sure he doesn't mean any harm but that's what it feels like to you if I'm correct. I'm pretty sure Taehyung triggered the reaction because your brain registered it as the same rejection you get from your dad."

Jungkook's eyes shifted from Jin's one eye to his other while the angered look on his face was still there. "My father is an asshole who only cares about himself."

Jin gave the ravenette a short nod, letting him know he heard and understood him. "I know that's how you think about him and that's why I also believe Taehyung triggered this same reaction from you. What I also believe is that both of them don't mean any harm Jungkook. Taehyung's just Taehyung and your dad probably doesn't know how to get in contact with you without angering you. You two have drifted apart after the dead of your mother and he doesn't know how to fix it."

A loud scoff left Jungkook's mouth. If his dad wasn't something it would be caring. He had basically left his own son to cope with the dead of his mother all by himself and that was something Jungkook could never forgive him for. "My father created this all due to himself, don't you dare talk right what he has been doing wrong."

Jin softly shook his head to let Jungkook know that's not what he wanted. "I don't, what I do want though is talk to him to understand his side of the story. I might be able to help you better if I know where it all started from his point of view. We both saw the reaction that happened after Taehyung's action Jungkook, we need to find a solution for that. You can't go off every time something like that happens."

Another scoff left Jungkook's mouth. Jin had gone completely mad, why would he even want to talk to the younger's father. The man didn't know his own son anymore. They were two fighting strangers who lived in the same building but they were far from father and son at this point. If it was up to Jungkook he would have already left the house but the problem was that he had nowhere to go to and all his memories of his mother were within that house. Memories he wasn't ready to leave behind yet.

With a soft shake of his head Jungkook gave Jin a short look before giving the elder permission to get in contact with his father. If Jin wanted it he could get it from Jungkook, it wouldn't get him any further though but Jungkook couldn't care less. At least it would get Jin off his back for a little, the elder was getting way too close for his liking.

Good luck with wasting your time Jin.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What triggers you?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.