Chapter 36

Things were going good for Jungkook lately, too fucking good and he didn't trust it one bit. Never had he experienced weeks without trouble since his mother had passed but lately trouble seemed to have a hard time finding him. On the one hand it felt great to have this much peace around himself but on the other hand he did miss the adrenaline that came with all those troubles a little. While Jungkook's life could be described as almost normal at this point Jungkook still didn't feel like it was complete. He missed a place where he could let go of all his pent up energy or anger. Back in the days he would find those places within his friends or one night stands, but both of them weren't a part of his life anymore.

Don't get him wrong but now that everything was going great for once he just missed the exciting part of his life, the part that actually made him feel alive. The part that had been completely washed away in the last couple of weeks, being replaced with a therapy room and new no thrill seeking friends. While Jungkook knew this was better for him he still had his moments where he missed those old days. Old habits die hard, right?

With a sigh Jungkook turned around in his room. He had tried to paint something but nothing really worked out the way he wanted it today. He didn't feel very creative and his mind couldn't come up with something else to do. Visiting Taehyung wasn't an option since Jimin and Yoongi would spend their day at the ward already. Hoseok and Taemin were an option but Jungkook didn't feel like they were on the level of friendship where they would call each other and hang out, so that ruled them out too. Namjoon and Jin were at work so that left him all on his own.

Another sigh left Jungkook's mouth and without really knowing what to do he walked downstairs, maybe there would be some food to eat to kill the time before his father arrived back home. With quick but steady steps the ravenette walked inside the kitchen, ready to open the fridge and grab something to eat but before he could actually do exactly that his phone started to ring.

With a simple movement Jungkook fished the device out of his pocket, lifting one of his eyebrows the moment he saw the caller ID.

"Hey Jimin, what can I help you with?" Jungkook spoke enthusiastically through the phone, glad someone got him out of his boredomness.

Jungkook didn't hear any response except from some rustling on the other side and some muffled voices, making him believe Jimin had called him on accident. "Chim, you there?"

Again there was no response but the voices on the other side seemed to get louder and Jungkook even believed to hear some yelling in the background. "Jimin, what's going on over there?"

This time Jungkook did get a response but not from Jimin himself but from somebody in the background. "GET JIN OVER HERE! THIS ISN'T GOOD! WE NEED HELP!"

Jungkook's eyes grew big not understanding the situation at all but knowing something really bad was happening wherever Jimin was. "JIMIN ANSWER ME! What's going on!?"

Slowly panic started to spread through Jungkook's body while he was already searching for his jacket. One thing was for sure, Jimin was on the ward and somebody or something was doing really bad if they needed Jin at this instant. "JIMIN, COME ON MAN!"

Yet another set of rustling and muffled voices could be heard before Jungkook finally heard some breathing on the other side of the line. "Jimin, you there?"

It stayed quiet for a few seconds while Jungkook tossed on his jacket and already made his way outside. "Fuck Kook, yes I'm here." The ravenette suddenly heard and within an instant his eyes were on high alert. "You need to come to the ward, quickly!"

Without thinking twice about it Jungkook started to run for it, this was bad. Really bad. "I'm already on my way, what the hell is going on?!"

Jungkook heard how Jimin probably banged on a door before he got the elder back to him on the line. "It's Tae.....he....he's in his room. We can hear something is wrong but he won't open up. Jin's on his way but what if he....." A short silence fell over the phone before Jimin picked it back up. "Just get over here okay, be quick." A soft click on the other side of the line confirmed Jimin had hung up the phone and at the same time Jungkook quickened his pace. This was bad, this was really bad. His heartbeat picked up like a rocket and chills creeped over his back. This couldn't be happening, not his beautiful and carefree Taehyung.

Sweat formed on the ravenette's skin and a pounding feeling  started to form in his ears. If he kept going at this pace he would arrive within ten minutes at the ward. Jungkook didn't care if his body would be able to make it at this rate he would make sure his body wouldn't give up before he knew Taehyung was okay and safe. The ravenette's breathing started to get laboured and a burning sensation was spreading in his legs but he didn't give up. No if anything, he picked up even more speed.

With his phone still in his hand Jungkook turned the corner, already seeing the familiar hospital before him. The ravenette's eyes darted around the place, not seeing anything out of place. No ambulances or police were at the sight, making him feel a little bit more at ease. With a speed that could seriously injure somebody if he collided with them Jungkook ran across the parking lot, throwing open the main door and sprinting towards the ward.

Jungkook's eyes instantly crossed with Jackson's, the nurse already waiting at the entrance of the ward. "He's in his room."

Jungkook ran on the ward and turned the corner to Taehyung's room, there was no time to lose.

The moment the ravenette rounded the corner he came face to face with both Jimin and Yoongi. The youngest of the two impatiently walked up and down the hall while he chewed on his finger nails, clearly nervous about something. Yoongi on the other hand immediately walked up towards Jungkook the moment he saw him round the corner. "Kook!"

Jungkook's eyes darted towards Yoongi but he didn't really give him any other visible reaction. The ravenette's eyes darted from Yoongi towards Taehyung's door and the longer it took the more nervous he got. This wasn't good at all.

"Kook, breath!" Yoongi suddenly shouted while he shook Jungkook's shoulders.

The ravenette's head turned a little towards Yoongi while he took a deep breath. Tears were visible in Jungkook's eyes and his whole body screamed in panic "What's wrong? Where's Tae."

Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's shoulders a little harder to show him as much support as the elder could offer. "Taehyung's in his room, Jin is with him. Tae had a breakdown when we were with him but Jin's trying to calm him down. He's trying to get the situation under control again."

Jungkook's eyes darted towards Taehyung's room again, his breath picking up and shivers running down his spine. "H...How bad was it?"

Yoongi didn't answer immediately but the sympathetic look on his face told Jungkook more than enough.

"It wasn't good Kook.....it still isn't good."

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What do you think is happening to Taehyung?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.