Chapter 21

"Hope you enjoy your dinner Kook." Namjoon smiled at his younger friend.

Not much after their meeting this afternoon Jungkook had said his goodbyes to Yoongi, Jimin and Taehyung the elder had received a call from Namjoon if the ravenette wanted to join Jin and him for dinner. Tonight was lasagna night and Namjoon knew how much Jungkook loved Jin's lasagna so with a little encouragement from Jin saying it was okay to invite the younger over Namjoon had called Jungkook and of course the younger had said yes. Besides it would also be a good opportunity for Jungkook to try and get to learn a little bit more about Taehyung and why Jin didn't let him go out by himself. Besides to top it off he still didn't know why Namjoon knew the blonde and as much as he told himself that he didn't need to know it something in Jungkook kept sparking his attention about Taehyung and his relation to Namjoon and Jin.

A small smile fell on Jungkook's face the moment Namjoon put some lasagna on his plate. As always it smelled and looked amazing and he couldn't be more grateful that the two elders had invited him.

It didn't take long before everybody started to eat their food while they made some small talk with each other.

"What have you done today Kook?" Namjoon asked while he put a piece of lasagne inside his mouth.

A big smirk fell over Jungkook's face, knowing Namjoon had just opened up the topic Jungkook wanted to speak about but didn't know how to bring it up.

"I've met up with Yoongi and his new boyfriend." Jungkook started slowly, earning himself a nod from both Namjoon and Jin. "I've learned that Yoongi's boyfriend is someone you know." Jungkook spoke again, switching his attention towards Jin.

The eldest of them all raised his eyebrow in a questioning way. "I do?"

The ravenette gave Jin a short nod, the smile on his face slowly being replaced by a more serious look. This would probably be his only chance to learn something about Taehyung and he didn't wanna let it go to waste. He knew that Jin and Namjoon weren't supposed to talk about their relationship with Taehyung but he could try, couldn't he. Even the smallest bit of information would be more than he knew now so whatever it was he could get from the elders he would take it.

"His name is Jimin....." Jungkook spoke slowly, Jin's eyes already growing big. "Taehyung was there too." As if on cue Namjoon lowered his fork, his eyes switching from Jin to Jungkook and back. "Taehyung told me a few things, you know.......... Why can't he go out by himself?"

Complete silence fell over the three boys while Namjoon and Jin shortly looked at each other, this wasn't how they had their dinner planned and Jin slowly started to regret his decision of inviting Jungkook. "I can't tell you that Jungkook, you know I'm not supposed to speak about my patients."

Jungkook slowly raised his eyebrows a little, not buying Jin's answer at all. "He told me he only ever goes out when Jimin takes him with him and that it rarely happens. He also told me he has no family left so that's where I believe you came in the picture Joon. You know him because of that, don't you?"

Namjoon slowly placed his fork down on his plate while a deep sigh left his mouth. Jungkook's eyes darted between the two elders but none of them looked like they were giving away anything any time soon.

"You know I'm also not supposed to talk about that Kook. If you wanna know Taehyung has to tell you himself." Namjoon answered slightly irritated before he pinched the bridge of his nose. This was supposed to be a fun night not a Jungkook plays 'guess Taehyung's past' night.

Of course Jungkook had noticed the slightly irritated tone in Namjoon's voice but that didn't mean he was going to stop his questions right away. He might not get anything out of Namjoon but he could still try to get something out of Jin.

"I don't believe his whole burn out story, you know. His behaviour doesn't go with it at all. I've looked it up and it just doesn't fit Jin. I'm not an idiot and I know that Taehyung's not inside that ward for a burn out." Silence fell between the three boys and Jungkook just knew he was getting somewhere with Jin. The elder had a sad look on his face and he kept looking at Namjoon for some reason. 

"Besides I have no idea why you don't let him go out by himself, you should have seen the look on his face. He looked like a child in a candy store. He kept skipping around and touching everything when I walked around the lake with him." The look on Jin's face slowly turned into an even more sadder face and Jungkook decided to push it just a little bit further in the hope Jin would break a little and tell him something about Taehyung. "You know what he said to me? He literally told me it was one of the best days he had had this year and that fact alone is fucking sad 'cause we didn't do shit. We walked around a lake, the most boring and common thing in this world but to him it seemed like the best thing ever."

Jin put his fork and knife down and a deep sigh left his mouth. Before Jungkook knew what was happening a hand closed around his arm and within a second he had been pushed up from his chair while Namjoon dragged him away from the room towards the living room. The ravenette's eyes grew big and with a slight stumble Namjoon pushed Jungkook a little forward before he smashed the door behind them. Within a second Jungkook had ripped his arm loose from Namjoon while he turned around with a disbelieving look on his face. He understood that what he had done might have gone a little too far but Namjoon's reaction wasn't necessary either.

"What the hell Joon!" Jungkook shouted angry at his best friend. This wasn't the reaction he expected at all.

"Yeah what the hell indeed. What did you think you were doing over there!? You have no idea what you're getting yourself into Kook, you have no idea what you're asking of Jin and me right now. You shouldn't dig your nose in shit you don't know anything about Kook!" Namjoon shouted back angry. The elder had his hands balled into fists and his whole body had become tense. Jungkook indeed didn't know what he had asked of the two other boys but by their reactions he now did know that whatever it was that was happening with Taehyung was way more than just a simple burn out.

"Then just tell me what's wrong with him and why you two know him. You're my best friend Joon and you won't tell me anything. I just know there's something the two of you aren't telling me!" Jungkook still shouted at Namjoon. He was slowly losing his patience with the elder and the way too familiar feeling of anger started to radiate through his body. With an angry sigh Namjoon passed Jungkook before he took a seat on one of the couches. The elder pinched the bridge of nose while he kept his closed and tried to steady his breathing.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you Kook, I can't tell you and you know that. If you want to know something ask Taehyung. That's your only chance, but please leave Jin alone about this. He's had his fair share of shit with Tae and you're making it worse." Namjoon slowly opened his eyes before he locked eyes with the ravenette. "He doesn't deserve this Kook, Jin's doing his job and you're making it a lot harder than it should be."

Before both of them knew it the door behind them opened slowly, revealing a quiet and clearly emotionally hurt Jin. Just by the sight of the elder Jungkook knew he had fucked up. He never intended to hurt Jin, he just wanted to know a little bit more about Taehyung. He wanted to learn the truth about his blonde co-patient.

Jungkook's attention suddenly shifted towards Jin the moment he heard the elders voice. "Please don't hurt him Jungkook, he needs someone to tell his story to. If he chooses you then please don't break his trust."

Jungkook's eyes almost popped out of their sockets, Jin had just confirmed that Taehyung's story indeed wasn't true but the elder boy's next words didn't make him as happy as Jungkook had hoped to be. The opposite was true to be honest, he felt sad.....really sad.

"Please don't hurt him Kook, he's been broken enough already."

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's something you're curious about?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.