Chapter 3: Soju or beer?

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

I got out of the shower and quickly made my way downstairs to meet my brother, Jin.

"Dahyun-ah!" he exclaimed when he saw me walking near him "We're having soju" he said pointing over at Wendy who was peacefully sitting on the stool in Seokjin's kitchen "Soju or beer?" he asked, now opening the fridge.

"You're already giving your 19 year old sister alcohol, Seokjin-ssi?" Wendy squealed running to the kitchen "Not on my watch" she added, grabbing the bottle of the alcoholic drink my brother was about to hand me and placing in back into the fridge while closing it and immidielty sitting on the floor in front of it.

"Wendy-ah you're no fun!" Seokjin whined before moving with me further in the house and in the small living room. "You can have some when she leaves" he laughed before plopping down on the couch. I sat beside him, awkwardly looking at the side of his face as he enjoyed his beverage.

"Dahyunie I'm going to bed. Good night Jin-ssi!" Wendy sang out before quickly moving out of the room to leave us alone. At that moment my breath started to get heavier, anxiety washing over me.

"Get your self together he's just your brother" I said to myself before taking a deep breath in, instantly gaining my brothers attention.

"Dahyun are y-" he started talking.

"Ugh I'm so sorry.." I said, cutting him off "I w-was so selfish and left you alone here and I-" I trailed off trying to express my feelings to my brother without crying.

"Dahyun-ah I don't need an explanation!" he rushed to my side and hugged me "I know how you feel" Seokjin mumbled, slowly letting me go.

"But I-I left" I said, biting down at my bottom lip to prevent tears from rolling down my face, to no avail.

I didn't know what took over me and why I was so emotional. I never cry infront of people. Maybe it's because  I've missed him way too much and it made me feel so vulnerable and sad having to face him after so long, that I just broke down in front of him. I was mad at myself for not explaining why I decided to leave so suddenly, but if I did I wouldn't be able to do what I love. Even if it hurt leaving home I wouldn't be living my dream life.  I wouldn't be able to tell stories through my music nor would I be able to achieve my goals.

"Aren't you mad?" I whispered wiping off the tears that had rolled down my cheeks.

He didn't reply only sat there looking down at his hands. Taking a sip of his soju he let out a dramatically long sigh "I knew you were gonna leave in the first place" he said, his voice hardly audible.

"Wh-What?" his comment caught me off guard.

"I overheard the conversation you had with Chaeyoung over the phone the night you left" he stated chugging down the rest of his beverage.

[Flashback]

Everything was settled, I had packed my bags, bought the tickets and made sure no one would see me.

There was only one thing I hadn't done yet and was struggling to decide if I really wanted to.

Taking a deep breath in, I grabbed my phone from the coffee table next to my bed unlocking it with my fingerprint. I later sat on the floor and opened my contacts, only to search for my bestfriend's name. I hesitantly tapped on her name and put the call on the speaker.